Monday, June 22, 2009

Manic Monday with new computer(sort of)

Hard to believe I am even posting a new blog entry here today, considering that Saturday morning(when I went to turn on the computer to write about my evening with Jonathan Richman)I discovered our ailing home PC had finally bitten the dust. It wouldn't even turn on. Figured I would have to cease writing for some time until later in the summer...and was kind of okay with that. But, late Sunday afternoon, I discovered my action-oriented husband had found a used Dell for sale right up the road and had it installed and up and running. Somewhat. It has a few glitches and I don't feel quite comfortable with it yet. But I think if I get into a habit of not blogging on a regular basis, I'll most likely stop. So...must...keep...writing...blog.

A Manic Monday, therefore.
I haven't done one of these in a while. Usually my Monday is truly manic enough to not have any time to blog. But today was dull and easy-going. This spooky limbo of gloom and low pressure weather is part of the reason I feel so blah. Lack of sun and below 70*F temps for weeks on end has sucked some of the joy of living out of me, I'll tell ya.

Anyway, I am babbling (if fingers on a keypad can babble, that is..)
Here's my Manic Monday:

Do you usually wear perfume/cologne? If so, what's your current favorite?
I usually do try to spritz or splash on something nice smelling in the morning(or after a shower or before bed...)and my current favorite scent is L 'Eau de Monteil--a beautiful, soft floral that smells like carnation mixed with jasmine. Very nice for summer(not that it is remotely like summer here, with it being a third straight week of low pressure grey skies and rain and wind) and surprising to me as I don't usually think I am the type to like floral perfume--it always makes me think it is something that would give me a headache. And this one certainly does not do that. It makes me feel pretty and girlish and want to keep sniffing my wrist.

What's the last book you've read that you thought was really good? If you don't have one, what looks promising on your to-be-read list?
Northern Borders by Harold Frank Mosher. I felt I "knew" the characters in the book as I read it and would even dream about them. So real. So true. Just a great book from start to finish.

Fill in the blank: I wouldn't be caught dead _________wearing tie-dyed anything.

That's it for now. The computer froze up now a second time. I feel agitated by that and the second time, Blogger didn't save the photo and further text I had typed. Maybe tomorrow I'll have more patience and the right thought processes to write about Friday night at the Richman show.
For now, all I want to say is that I was shocked earlier this evening--SHOCKED--that Alex Trebek shaved off his moustache. When did that happen? Obviously, I haven't watched Jeopardy in some time. He seemed older and wearier and just-not-right, without the 'stache.

9 comments:

cheatymoon said...

Wow - my monday was so manic, I had started to answer the questions, but realized that I don't wear any perfumes and am looking for good recommendations... glad I looked at yours - I will try out that book!

How cool that your hubby tried to set you up w/ a new 'puter?!

:-) Sorry about the weather - I was in MA over the weekend. Nor'Easter, eh?

SandraG said...

Our weather is quite different than yours. We have finally had sun and some heat - perhaps too much by mid-week!

I am finally getting some energy back after our trip so hope to do some gardening today!

Gal Friday said...

Only,
I would think, as a teacher, you would be wary of perfumes in the clasroom. I only wear what I think are soft scents while at work, too. It would be hard to recommend a fragrance to anyone--it is the kind of thing that is so personal, that you would have to try them yourself. I am a very visual AND scent oriented person and LOVE to smell good. ;-)
As for the book--I have discovered a new favorite writer in Mosher--I think he is a good auther to try reading.
I was in MA over the weekend, too! Well--briefly in Fall River on Friday night(where we did see some sun and a gorgeous sunset), I bet we were in the same general area at one point. :-) As for our terrible weather--it is this funk that won't leave! On the longest day of the year, we have the lights on in the house--crazy!

~Sandra,
HOT weather?! Send some here, please, where we are all cold and pasty white. Blah...
I didn't realise you had been away(out west, visiting family--I finally figured it out)--how wonderful for you. :-)

Manders said...

I am sorry about your computer! Hope it all works out!

Alex without a moustache? What is this world coming too????

SandraG said...

Yes, it is hot - at least it FEELS hot compared to what we have had. I just helped Jim put up some netting around the strawberry plants and I feel like a grease spot!

Jack said...

I'm glad your hubby found you a new pc - I would miss you :(

Our weather is exactly the same... bleh! I'll keep my fingers crossed for nicer weather next week.

Janet said...

that perfume sounds like it smells wonderful! Glad you got a new computer :-)

cheatymoon said...

Oh, no - I typed that wrong. I was looking for BOOK recommendations, lol.
I don't do perfumes for that reason, plus I'm ultra sensitive and some things just give me a headache. I have some essential oils, and don't mind citrusy things, but perfume in general, eh, not so much.

creative kerfuffle said...

please please please do not stop blogging!