
Willy Wonka: The strawberries taste like strawberries, and the snozzberries taste like snozzberries.
Veruca Salt: Snozzberries? Who ever heard of a snozzberry?
Willy Wonka: *We* are the music makers... and *we* are the dreamers of dreams.
My strawberry tower (sits right on my back deck) has actually been producing strawberries. First the white blossoms, and now lots of ripening berries. I am just a little excited about this because I never grew strawberries before.
These two were the first we ate just a day ago, and I took one last photo before I picked them. I was worried they wouldn't taste flavorful because of the lack of sunshine and excess of wet weather we have had, but they were tart-sweet.


10 comments:
Wow. Impressive. I would love to try something like that. I love Strawberries so much.
Yummy! it will soon be time for our local berries here in Nova Scotia - I can hardly wait!
Pretty pictures, they look yummy!
Oww it's so rewarding to grow strawberries!! I loved doing that in the days I did that with my dad :-).
Yours look great....enjoy your harvest!!
X
those are GORGEOUS! slugs got most of our strawberries this year : ( but, i'm hoping we can get them under control (if it stops raining) and actually harvest and eat more than one!
Those look wonderful!! I wish I was able to grow strawberries here...but nobody takes care of them.
Congratulation on your berry success!! :-) They look delicious. Enjoy them!
Tina, guess what I planted this weekend? Strawberries, among other things. Six plants in an old wine barrel. I'm excited too! I just need you to come take pictures. ;-)
Thanks, Everyone--I am pleased that these things really are growing and are edible. It isn't a huge harvest--should have bought one more of these things(there are 20 plants on it, only)
And note to c.k.--Ugh! I hate slugs, but with this thing, you can keep it on a sunny deck or porch so not much chance of slugs finding it.
Mmmm.... they look mouth-watering good!!! Lovely picture!!! Enjoy!! :) I think maybe I should try this on my deck too.... would be nice!!
Post a Comment