
It's 8:20 in the morning exactly, as I start to write, with a cup of much needed coffee by my left side. I feel groggy and very unawake, which I don't usually feel like when I first wake up even if it is 6:00 in the morning.
6:00 AM, actually, is when I have been getting up since school began two weeks ago. R has to get up then to catch the bus, and I get woken by her opening her bedroom door(which she does in a very loud way) and letting the dog out, so I have been getting up earlier than even my more usual 6:30. I AM a morning person usually, and sleeping in late for me is usually 7:00, but today--I kept on sleeping and if I hadn't been woken by Jewel coming in and jumping on the bed, I think I would still be in bed. I am so surprised at myself!
Maybe all those early mornings had been taking their toll on me and I obviously needed that sleep.(I couldn't sleep in even a little bit later yesterday morning because Jewel had the first appointment of the day at the vet's at 8:30).
So, as I sip my strong coffee (splash of milk, no sugar please), I want to try to recall and write down the dream I had before it evaporates from my brain. There were a lot of connecting "scenes" that had to do with the ocean.
One part I remember really well was that I was at the little bay beach near us, with J and R , sitting on the beach in our usual spot. At first I noticed a cormorant very close to us(usually they are much farther out where it is deep), and it was almost stepping out of the water and onto the sand. So, I got excited and then got even more excited and pointed out that there were two otters(as far as I know, we only have river otters around here and you wouldn't find one in salt water...) right near the shore as well!
Then almost immediately after I noticed the otters, a huge, scruffy white and tan guinea pig came stumbling along the beach and passed us and on into the bushes. In the dream, I was struggling to figure out if that was an unknown wild-type guinea pig(I know the the domestic kind is related to a wild type from South America) or just someones really big pet who had escaped.
Then the dream meandered all over the place--a scene at work(too boring to relate) and then a scene at a small gift shop where selling those fleece jester hats was the main activity(and I have dreamed of that setting before--I wish I could get away from dreaming about retail situations).
Then....I was somewhere with my husband and daughter and a lot of friends--near the beach and there was a sea wall and a big concrete industrial building that had been turned into a surfing community center and art gallery and it seemed every one of of our friends knew about this place and it had been a gathering place for years. How did I not ever hear of it?
Then I went down the hall and it suddenly was the Rhode Island Museum of Art--the old wing where they have all the colonial era silver and furniture and it was extremely badly lit. As I passed down a hall, trying hard to see(like swimming through a fog), I saw a small dark figure walking towards me and then when I went past, it was suddenly slumped down in a corner by a huge vase and speaking in French but I sort of understood that she was lost and alone and very sad. In the dream, I also realised this was a ghost and eventually I worked my way back to the new and hip "surf" gallery and was telling everyone about the ghost I had seen and heard.
Then, finally, I realised that I hadn't seen R around and asked where she was. J pointed out where she was--on a ledge/bench with all the other bored kids of the parents who were all just standing around talking. I went over to her and she was lying down and hunched over something--her homework!
And, yes, she has to get to her homework today(in real waking life), and I need to get dressed and enjoy what's left of my Sunday.
And as I read over what I just wrote, I do know that my early morning dream wasn't even that strange, was it? I just wanted to write it down because I was still thinking about it as I made my way down the hall to the kitchen once I was out of bed for some reason.
13 comments:
Keep those dream transcripts coming. They are very interesting and most entertaining. ♥Rosemary
Wow. That's a lot of detail, T! I wish I could discipline myself to get details down like that...
Have a great Sunday.
Thanks, Rosemary and Ms. Only for actually reading through all that! I only wrote it all down because I felt I had literally just been woken out of that dream...
I woke myself up this morning after having a horrible dream about my hubby. Something that is not even remotely true, but it was still so vivid that I couldn't go back to sleep. You know, those dreams where you feel the emotions even after you realize its just a dream and are fully awake? Anyway, I will spare the details, but I think that is what happens when I stay in bed too long!
Ah, I love hearing about other people's dreams!
And I love dreams; I love the way we feel after waking up from them and the way they affect us. Anything from astonishment, perplexity, diversity in colours, scenes and action.
What I like best about them is that in dreams, we view the situation so ordinary and normal, even if the scenes are disconnected and very weird. Perhas if anything, we can learn that from dreaming. ANYTHING is possible, it only we look at it the right way.;))
I hope you are having a great Sunday Tina, thanks for sharing your dream.;)) I really enjoyed this post.;))
xoxo
PS: I have a real verification word again!!! Unbelievable.;)) But I think I rather not disclose it this time, hehe.;))
Interesting dream Tina. Being able to interpret them would be a lot more interesting :)
It's often said that we tend to remember early morning dreams but I don't. In fact, I hardly ever remember any of my dreams! My friend Lizzie keeps a journal in which she writes down her dreams. She says this helps her to have a better understanding of herself. I always get up at 7-7:30 am but when on holiday or at the weekeend I need a siesta by all means!
Very interesting! It does not have to be weird or crazy for there to be interest. I myself have never wrote down my dreams. I usually remember them through the day and by then I am tired of thinking about it,lol.
I know that I am losing my memory because I used to remember my dreams in great detail and they seemed to have significance. However, even if I remember them when I wake up, soon after they are completely gone from my mind. I am not happy with this but I guess it's one of the stages of aging.
A youngster doing homework at the beach? That alone should have tipped you off that this was a dream!
I love hearing about other peoples dreams. I often look up my dream symbols to see if there is some sort of pattern. Sometimes, the dreams don't mean anything at all and other times, it's an indication of our fears, or something that needs solving, etc.
In your dream, I especially like the part where you met up with a ghost and went and told everyone about the ghost you just met. That is so cool.
wow, you remembered so many details! that's incredible. most of the time i can't remember a lot of details from my dreams, just the feelings connected to them. thanks for sharing!
Oh I see a regular post feature coming up. It was so interesting to read. I love that you dreamt of the beach and lots of animals. The character slumped in the corner speaking french is most interesting to me.
yes, your dream was strange! wonder what it means ....... or doesn't mean. I noticed that you are left handed? coffee on my left you say. me too. but I can use either hand for that!!
Post a Comment