
There's been a lot of grey skies this week. The waves were even wilder and woollier this morning when I drove by the beach, but of course, I didn't have my camera on me in the car!(as usual) Even if I had, I could not have stopped to shoot some pictures because I was running late for work.(as usual)So, these images are of the slightly calmer ocean at around 4:00 this afternoon--the rain was only a drizzle at this point and there were actually surfers out in the surf. Crazy!
I have missed a few week's worth of these, but I am in the mood to do a Friday Fill-in again. Please go over to Janet's Friday Fill-in blog if you want to participate, too.
1. The last band I saw live was _____________Guster.(back in July in Newport.) For a sweet clip of them performing in Washington with a children's choir, click here(scroll down to second video clip)--nice singing and whistling by the kids on the stage--wish I could have been there for that!)
2. What I look forward to most on Thanksgiving is _________the day after when I can make a Pilgrim Sandwich with the left-overs. Sliced turkey, some stuffing(!), cranberry sauce, and a light schmeer of mayo on a bulky roll.
3. My Christmas/holiday shopping is __________almost done(this is a first).
4. Thoughts of _____________ all the other things I *should* be doing as I type out this Friday Fill-in just before suppertime, fill my head.
5. I wish I could wear ______________high heels without feeling self-conscious walking in them.
6. Bagpipes ________thrill me.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to _____toasting an acquaintance's 50th birthday here , tomorrow my plans include _____some house cleaning(needs it bad), making a big bowl of fruit salad for the family up the street who just had a death in the family and a women's basketball game at the university that I was given free tickets to because no one goes to the women's basketball team games but now I don't want to either except my sister is expecting to go with me....
and Sunday, I want to _____ just relax a little. There's a wake, too, that we'll be going to in the afternoon. Very sad, that'll be(for the husband of my daughter's cross-country coach and this family lives just up the street from us, too--very unexpected).
6 comments:
I almost did Friday Fill-in this afternoon, but I was distracted by some other stuff. But I was going to say I wish I could wear high heels without feeling a fool.
Also - I took a cellphone shot of our sky at about 4:00 today! How cool is that.
I hope you have a lovely weekend, T.
we probably feel self conscious in heels because of the way men are mesmerized by it!! :-)
have fun at the pub tonight. those are the best places, small little hang outs with the regulars. I don't go out anymore but I still remember!
sorry about your neighbor's loss.
enjoy your weekend!!
Great FFI's I haven't done one in a while, maybe next week.
I wish I could paint my fingernails without having them remind me of smarties... hehe!
Have a great weekend :)
It was a grey Friday here too. In fact it has been grey for two weeks now.:(
Wow, I can not believe you are done with your holiday shopping. I always do mine in the end of this month.;)
Have a lovely weekend,
xo
Zuzana
The pictures are gorgeous! In my area, yesterday's sunshine gave way to a downpour last night and grey-bluish skies today. Have a wonderful weekend!
Great FF! Busy weekend, sorry to hear about your neighbors...
Have a great weekend :-)
Post a Comment