
i am
running late on this Veteran's Day (day off for the husband and kid, but work as usual for me), but still sitting here at the computer...
i feel
lazy
i eat
i eat
oatmeal and a handful of walnuts was my breakfast
i wear
sssshhh...still in my P.J.'s and my burgundy colored, velvet "smoking jacket"(a short robe I like to call my smoking jacket)
i want
i want
all those far-too-early Xmas commercials that I have been seeing/hearing since last week to stop!!! It's way too early--not even Thanksgiving, yet. Maybe I need to turn the TV off.
i need
i need
to stop reading/hearing the news for a while--it makes me so sad(I also need to get dressed...soon!)
i watch
the colorless sky through the window and the pale yellow leaves still hanging on in spots on the cherry tree--very November-y
i listen
i listen
to the dry leaves blowing across the pavement--heard this all night long through the open window in my bedroom. A very distinctive sound you only really hear at this time of year.
8 comments:
If this is early to you, thank goodness you were not around here to listen to Christmas ads on the radio, and Christmas decorations in some stores in...September!!
Hope your day goes well.
I love that sound you mention. It is truly a very special one, making autumn special in its turn.
Have a wonderful Wednesday.
xo
i love this post. thanks for sharing your thoughts : ) i also can't watch the news. it is too depressing.
yep... the dry leaves brushing pavement sounds like november. :-)
Meanwhile I LOVE Christmas!! I have even started to sing some carols before bedtime to the kids. Can't help it! I love that season!!
I have a day off tomorrow - school holiday - and just imagine! First thing in the morning, I am seeing my dentist! Right now, I'm listening to Rachmaninov's Piano Concert Number 2. I strongly recommend it after a hard day at work.
I was shocked to listen to a Christmas radio ad in early October - Christmas jingles and an ad about the best Christmas turkey ever! I know, I'm a Christmas freak, but not THAT freak!
~Anastasia,
I was also SHOCKED to hear Christmas music on the radio yesterday! It is far too early to be in the mood for that and I think it spoils things a little.
Post a Comment