Views of Providence along Benefit Street and South Main from earlier today. That's my Mum in the brown jacket(from behind). Despite it looking pretty gloomy and grey in the photos(click on any of the mosaics to view larger), it was actually a really nice warm day.Maybe this could be a little wordier, as it's my 300th entry here(woot!), but I have a headache..again, and so it's mostly photos today. I'll be callling in for some pizza for supper(was going to make some chicken soup but don't feel up to it) and then I guess early to bed.



16 comments:
Beautiful brick buildings and autumn leaves! How did you make the photo groupings, if you don't mind my asking? :)
Hi Kate!
I use bighugelabs.com to make the mosaics--very easy to use.
Hi Tina,
I had no idea you live in Providence. I've been there once and it was beautiful. When I drove through the city for the first time It was kind of overwhelming and scary because I was alone and I had never seen buildings so tall except in Los Angeles. That was back in 1996 I believe.
I really love the first photo. What type of lens are you using?
I hope your headache goes away.
the first photo is totally stunning Tina! beautiful place Providence.
hope you are feeling better soon. take care of yourself!
What a fun day with your mom. I love the photos from the 'Grey Day' drive home too. Very nice indeed.
As someone who has constant, daily headaches, I cannot urge you more strongly to get them checked out. It isn't "normal" to have headaches so often.
Lovely photos! I'm quite jealous that you still have some leaves left on your trees...
Gorgeous photos. I was going to ask about the mosaics too.
I like Providence. And I don't spend nearly enough time down there.
Hope your head feels better.
Lovely pictures!! Makes me want to drink some hot apple cider and read a good book!!
Love the photos. I have another contact who lives there.
Hope you're feeling a lot better now.
Early nights are good. Been going myself before 10 (amazingly).
Very European feel. This could be taken somewhere in a European city actually.;) The colours of browns and reds are so significant of this season.
Lovely pictures, I love all of them.
Your mom looks great.;)
Hope your headache passed quickly.
xo
Zuzana
~JarieLyn,
I don't live in Providence--we were just visiting(live outside the city)and am a little perplexed about the "many tall buildings" in Providence, because there really are not many(only three buldings that might count as "skyscrapers" and barely--not much of a skyline to the city), so maybe it was another city(Boston?) near here? Or maybe the buildings linging the highway THROUGH the city--at one time very ugly and industrial. At any rate, it seems you have travelled a lot..lucky you!(says me who has never been west of Kentucky)
And...I am a poor photographer--use a point and shoot Canon Powershot only..heh..heh!
Doreen,
Headache went away-thanks. Bbut every morning, I wake up with it again...just a slight one.
~Rosemary,
Why, thanks you on your kind words about my images from "my grey day". :-)
~Sandra,
I don't even usually even get headaches, so it is a little troubling that I have been for the last week or so. Now, I feel bad for you with the constant headaches--have you ever figured out what causes them?
~Jack,
Yeah, a few leaves are still hanging on, but most are on the ground now.
~Erin,
Actually, Providence isn't my favorite local city(I like Newport better...and it is closer), but if you are ever down this way, maybe we should make plans to meet!
~Amanda,
When I read your comment here last night, it made ME want to drink hot apple cider and curl up with a book! Thanks...
~Arty,
What a small world! Maybe both of us "Rhode Islanders" can come visit you in your beautiful town(again--I can't believe how beautiful it is where you live from your photos from yesterday) some day..
~Zuzana,
I hadn't thought of Providence as European looking, but it is "somewhat" old(buildings still standing from the 1700's and on)and it is definitely made for walking.
~Doree
Oooh, Tina, I may take you up on that. It would be fun to do a meetup - maybe after the holidays. I haven't spent a lot of time in Newport - although my ex went to Roger Williams, so I spent some time there 25 years ago. Ha.
Even when grey, it has hints of orange, and together with the brick and the leaves on the ground, it makes for amazing Autumnal pictures. It is exactly, by the way, how I picture in my mind New England in my mind. thanks for sharing! and I hope the headache gets better. It's been a few days now, hasn't it? *hugs*
i LOVE your picture posts. how do you make those mosaics? i wanna do that! LOL i love old buildings and getting a "feel" for your neck of the woods. simply beautiful. (oh, duh, i just read the other comments and saw how you made the mosaics!) LOL
~Erin,
Even better would be a meet-up in Maine(was just saying I want to get up there again in early May--before any chance of Black Fly Season).
~Claudia,
Yesterday was finally my first heach-ache free day in some time--might have been barometric pressure? Glad you liked the photos, but in honesty, there are certainly lots of unattractive parts of the city, too(just like anywhere).
~c.k.,
BigHugeLabs is a great site and very easy to use(you can even order a poster of any of the mosaics you make from them)
~
Post a Comment