Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The Ten On Tuesday List


I thought this would be a good thing to do as a way of diving into blogging after a little holiday hiatus-- a Ten On Tuesday list. (go here if you want to participate, as well)Appropriately enough, this week's theme is:


10 New Year's Resolutions


I hadn't really given much thought to any resolutions for 2010, since any I usually make, I don't stick with for more than a month. And ten ??!

But, I can always try and who knows? This *might* be the year I'll get it right and stick with at least one resolution.


1. Do a little more exercise than my daily walks with the dog. (Which can count as speed-walking most of the time since I walk fast and Jewel walks faster--when she isn't stopping to sniff something). I bought a roll-up yoga pad with a gift card at Marshall's yesterday so I can attempt to do at least some sit-ups when I am watching TV (on our huge new flat screen, did I mention how shallow I am and how happy I am now that we have this thing in our living room?) . I did all of five (!) sit-up's today...ouch!

But I am going to try to make it an every other day nightly thing.


2. Be kinder and more loving and not such a shrew sometimes at home. Let things slide a little when certain people do those annoying things over and over. I must do my own annoying things, right? I'll try to be a kinder, even gentler me this coming year.


3. Get the hallway painted! I said I was going to do this last summer. Never happened. So, it's on the list for the new year.


4. Cut out even more sugar from my diet. I definitely cut out a lot last year and it's been a good influence on how we all eat in this house, but I can do much better.


5. Bring back library books before they are overdue. It would be nice not to incur any over-due fines this year.


6. Use cash more and leave the credit card inside my wallet.


7. Write more letters. 2009 has been a bad year for me keeping up with my snail mail correspondence.


8. Sign up for a painting class. I always look over the local flyers and wish I could join one, but never actually do anything about it.


9. Host a dinner party.

I have not had friends over for a dinner(other than when I host book club night or having family members for dinner) in a l-o-n-g time. I worry the house is too small, the kitchen too small and the cook/host too nervous and goofy, so hesitate to have people over for a small party.


10. Fold the clothes on the same day they come off the line or out of the dryer (instead of leaving them to wrinkle in the basket and forgetting about them..)


*** Next week: 10 Things You're Looking Forward to in 2010


15 comments:

Rhonda said...

Good luck with your resolutions!

cheatymoon said...

I've been needing to paint our bathroom for a few years now. Truly.

Good luck w/ your resolutions and happy new year, Tina. :-)

Pseudo said...

Love the overdue library books resolution. I am so bad at that.

Happy new year ; -)

~JarieLyn~ said...

Hi Tina,

I need to exercise more this coming year too. Love your resolutions. You can always send me a snail mail letter. I love getting letters.

Good luck with your resolutions. Have a happy New Year's Eve and be safe.

vdesheva said...

Your number 1,2,4 and 7 could be part of my list of New Year resolutions as well!!!:) Good luck with keeping yours!!!:) And all the best for 2010!!!:) By the way, I would love to get a letter from you when you start catching up with mail!!!;)

Content in a Cottage said...

You should have some sort of punishment in place when you slide such as making yourself do double sit-ups in wrinkled clothes when you don't fold the laundry. :-)
Happy New Year, Rosemary

Noner said...

Good luck with your goals. I actually applaud your #6.

Manders said...

Ahhh folding clothes before they wrinkle. I hear ya. My problem is putting the clothes away after they are all folded. If only I had a laundry fairy...

Clare said...

Oh you were right, we share many of the same 'resolutions' especially the snail mail. I love handwritten letters and would like to get more than I do. (which equals one a year!)

Gal Friday said...

~Thanks, Rhonda,
and thanks also, for stopping by.

~Erin,
Should we make a pact then? 2010 the year we PAINT! ;-)

~Psuedo,
I try, try to remember to bring my books back, but at least three times a year I have to give them some change for late fees....


~JarieLyn,
I just have to make sure to send letters in reply to ones I have already received, and then I would love to send you some snail mail....

~Vessie,
You are no. 1 on my list of people who I owe a letter to....!

~Rosemary,
You don't know how hard I laughed when I read your comment! :-)

~Noner,
Well, easier said than done--I think maybe I should try that "put the plastic card in an ice tray in the freezer" trick. Thanks for stopping by....

~Amanda,
Yes...a laundry fairy would be ideal. Actually, my husband comes close to being the laundry fairy in my house--he LIKES to wash and FOLD clothes!

~Clare,
As the saying goes..."you have to send 'em to get 'em. May we have a year of letter writing and a full mailbox, okay?!

cessie said...

Loved reading your ten on a tuesday with all the resolutions. A difficult entry I guess.

Hmm, I recognize the overdue library books. That's why I became a fan of booksales and markets lol. Not that I have been reading *that* much in 2009 ;)

Ha and painting work... or other odd jobs in the house. I so know what you mean. Ah well, I guess there are more important things in life!

Good luck with your goals for this year!

Arlene said...

great list! i hope you will be able to stick to your NYs resolution.

my hopes for 2010 is now up!

Claus said...

This is a very "doable" (?) list. I think you will be able to accomplish each resolution along the year. Writing letters is a good one. I have your letter to reply to. Sorry about the delay. December was, as you know, very hectic and busy. I'm hoping to sit and find the right moment and inspiration in January to *chat* with you and EVERYONE who decided to send a letter my way the last month of 2009 (MANY, MANY people).

Gal Friday said...

~Marcelle,
I am surprised to read you have not been reading much(always loved reading your book reviews...), but maybe now that Christmas is over, you'll have some more time for that?

~Claudia,
Yes, I agree--a pretty do-able list(I REALLY want to stick with the exercise one!).
And, PLEASE, do not worry about a letter to me, of all people(who needs to write thank-you's and letters of her own, especially since she didn't send Xmas cards this year), as much as I will love getting one from you...all in good time.

Gal Friday said...

~Arlene,
Thanks for taking the time to visit..I'll come around and see what's on your list, now, too. :-)