
So far this weekend, I have...
*slept in until 8:00 in the morning twice! (guess I needed the sleep, but a part of me feels mad at myself for getting up so late and wasting those precious weekend hours)
*had slow-cooked oatmeal (with milk, cinnamon, brown sugar and even, yes, a pat of butter) for breakfast
*had chocolate cake for breakfast. Ssshhh...just finished my slice! It's deliciously sinful with a cup of fresh brewed coffee on a sunny Sunday morning while everyone else besides me(and the dog) are still sleeping.
*saw five short (15 minutes each) plays at a 24-hour play production. Meaning, all plays were written, directed, lines learned and acted, within 24 hours by a local theater(or is that theatre ?) group. Some were more successful than others, but it was a great change of pace for a night out.
*watched "Up", finally, with R.
As soon as it ended we both looked at each other and said, "THAT was a great movie."
I had missed it in it's run in the cinema when it first came out, and was waiting for when we got a bigger screen TV to rent it. It was well worth waiting for(now that we actually do have a bigger screen TV, with HD) and I can fully understand why it was awarded so many accolades and was even considered as a "Best Picture" for the Academy Awards.
And lastly and very importantly, I want to mention the give-away Arty ( December Girl ) is having. She sells her own line of handmade jewelry at her own Etsy shop. The designs are elegant and natural at the same time, and the piece(a necklace) she is
12 comments:
I really want to watch Up.
Going back to your post to click that jewelry link. I am eternally distracted by sparkly things. :-)
Happy weekend. Stay warm!
Oh no, I slept in till 10 30. That must make me real bad :)
A person is either an early bird or a late one and I envy those who wake up early and get everything done sooner.
Sounds like a quality morning you had :)
I appreciate you including my giveaway too Tina. There are two of those necklaces for two ppl. I hope your friends join in. They are welcome.
I would love to sleep in once in a while. Unfortunately my husband is ALWAYS up at 6 a.m. whether there's a reason or not.
Stumbled upon your beautiful and entertaining blog! I just saw UP too...it was so touching! Have a great weekend...stay warm!
My husband is very much like Sandra G's husband. Alkis always gets up at 6:00 whether there is a reason or not!On Sundays I usually sleep in till 9-9:30 and I almost invariably have eggs and bacon for breakfast followed by hot croissants and some brie. Aren't I really sinful on Sundays?
I had the old fashioned oatmeal this weekend with my Granddaughter. she loves it! (only 4) her sister, not too keen on it.
sounds like a great weekend for you.
have a wonderful week ahead!!
Ooooo, I want to see that movie but haven't decided on whether to watch it by myself or wait 'till next week for the nieces visit.
Loved your list. All great weekend things :)
Sounds like a lovey weekend! Only sleeping until 8:00??? My goodness, what you must think of me when I reveal that to me to *sleep in* is to sleep until 11:00.
:P:P
I have never seen UP but thank you for the tip. I will try to visit your friends place, as I love jewelry.;)
Hope your Monday is lovely dear Tina,
xoxo
Zuzana
~Only,
Thanks for checking out Arty's jewelery! And...you stay warm up there, too(cut my walk short this morning because my face hurt)
~Arty,
I have never been a late sleeper, and then after becoming a mother I adapted pretty well to early rising, so 8:00 is LATE for me.
Sorry about the mistake--I'll make a little announcement that there are two necklaces.
~Sandra,
no reason why you have to get up at 6:00, too, is there? Unless the husband makes so much noise being up...
~Hi Julie,
I recognised your "face" and name, of course, from seeing it at Protege's blog. Thanks for taking the time to stop by and comment.
So I am not the only "late" viwer of "Up"--and yeah, my eyes were misting up a few times throughout that film, too.
~Anastasia,
I don't think it's sinful to eat so well on a Sunday--that breakfast of your's sounds like what we are *supposed* to enjoy on a weekend morning.
~Doreen,
Slow-cooked oatmeal can be *gloopy* stuff, and I can see how it might not be appetizing to some kids. Me--I loved it when I was a kid and it is comfort food.
~Jack,
You may want to wait until your nieces come to watch "Up" with you, but it isn't strictly for kids, by no means. I *think* an adult can even apprecite it more.
~Protege,
Yes, this past weekend was a good one, through and through(ended it with some retail therapy with the daughter while my husband had some friends over for the football game yesterday).
Wow! I had no idea you slept in so late on weekends--but if you get up early every work day, you deserve the weekend lie-in. :-)
Tina, this time you have seen a movie which I haven't yet...;) Normally it's the other way round...;)
Just like Protege above I was shocked that you consider getting up at 8 a.m. as 'sleeping in'... At weekends I'm often getting up at 10-11 a.m. But I guess it's also because hubby and I love staying up until 2-3 a.m. the previous nights so we need to catch up on our sleep...;)
I loved UP. I saw the Spanish dubbed version of it, and it was a great (sometimes dubbed pictures are awful). It was...sweet, I think. There were all lucky to have found each other, wouldn't you agree?
ok, i might have to get up at redbox soon. my kids never mentioned wanting to see it when it was in theaters--at 10 and 12 they think they have outgrown most disney/cartoon movies.
and, if i were up at 8 am on a weekend it's because we had something going on. i like to sleep til about 9 or 10 : )
Post a Comment