Monday, January 11, 2010

Heaven x 2

pixdaus.com


Heaven


(J. Harrison, D. Byrne)




Everyone is trying to get to the bar.


The name of the bar, the bar is called Heaven.


The band in Heaven plays my favorite song.


They play it once again, they play it all night long.


**


Heaven is a place where nothing ever happens.


Heaven is a place where nothing ever happens.


There is a party, everyone is there.


Everyone will leave at exactly the same time.


Its hard to imagine that nothing at allcould be so exciting, and so much fun.


**


Heaven is a place where nothing ever happens.


Heaven is a place where nothing ever happens.


When this kiss is over it will start again.


It will not be any different, it will be exactlythe same.


It's hard to imagine that nothing at allcould be so exciting, could be so much fun.


**


Heaven is a place where nothing every happens.


Heaven is a place where nothing every happens.




A double digit day(and my sister's birthday, too), so I thought for Music For Monday I would have to have two songs. But the same song.
First, "Heaven", the Talking Heads song, sung and played by my new favorite Irish band, BellX1(who I always thought sounded a lot like Talking Heads, and then voila! I discover this on You Tube:






And then of course, as done originally by the Talking Heads:









9 comments:

cheatymoon said...

My 2nd favorite Talking Heads song. :-)

Zuzana said...

Happy Birthday to you sister! Is she younger? I hope she has a good day and you too, long time ago I heard this tune...;)
xo
Zuzana

Tom Bailey said...

I had never heard this heaven song. There have been a few heaven songs now that I think about it mostly hard rock songs off the top of my head.

Happy Birthday!

Warmest regards,
Tom Bailey

SandraG said...

It's awful to think that some people believe we will do nothing in heaven. I think we will be very busy doing things that make us very happy and content.

Gal Friday said...

~Erin, Now...you have me dying to know what your favorite TH song is. "This Must Be The PLace"
"Nothing But Flowers"?

~Zuzana,
I'm 15 months older than my sister(oh...my poor mother!)and she seemed really happy today when I stopped by her work with her presents. She's had a rough last year and a half and I hope better things are in store for her.

~Tom,
Thanks for the visit and it's a beautiful song(to me) in that typical quirky Talking Heads way.

~Sandra,
To each his/her own --this is a beautiful song to me and a running theme (same as it evcer was") in Talking Heads songs, I think.

Arty said...

Talking Heads..haven't heard that band in a long while.

Happy birthday to your sis. We've many birthdays lined up from now. Isn't the new year exciting :)

Gal Friday said...

Hi Arty--and thanx for the birthday wishes for my sister. She's another Capricorn gal I know.. ;-)

Quirky Cafe said...

Ooooh I haven't heard that song in years. Happy birthday to your sister and happy Tuesday to you! XX

Gal Friday said...

~~Julia!!
A nice surprise to see your comment here today--thanks much for stopping by. And, I know--I hadn't even thought of that song in some time until I found the BellX1 version when I was on YouTube and only then did I realize what a great song it was.