Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Wordless x 3




Shhhh....a few words, after all....
....A new acquisition from work.
A customer has been making fanciful creatures out of glass marbles and we have been displaying and selling them for him. While mostly he makes snails and frogs and mushrooms,
this wee Loch Ness Monster-like snail was a one-of-a-kind and I had to buy it and bring it home to live with me!


11 comments:

Anastasia Marou said...

This is gorgeous! Such a fine work of art. It can even put Nessie to shame! :)

Claus said...

Interesting how the angle makes the colors look different. Very neat snail!

Zuzana said...

Beautiful art and so tiny, it must have been so difficult to make this.;) Do these sell well?
They remind me of some small figurines that my grandparents had on display in their glass cabinet when I was a child. I have not thought about them until now...
:))
xoxo
Zuzana

Manders said...

I like the way it changes color at different angles. Something to look at for awhile.

SandraG said...

I like the colours of this too. Very creative.

creative kerfuffle said...

what great creativity! incredible how it's so very small. i'd have brought that home too : )

cheatymoon said...

SO CUTE. I try not to allow little knick knacks in my house... but I have a window over my kitchen sink that has a sill that is my only spot for such items.
I may ask to buy one...if you're still selling them, after I dust, and, ahem, reorganize the area.

Arlene said...

interesting work of art. i wonder how much each piece costs.

thank you for visiting my ten on tuesdays.

may this year a great year for all of us!

Janet said...

he's adorable!

sallymandy said...

That's beautiful! I love that you tagged it "my inner child." My inner child is going all soft and googly. Cuuuuuute!

Jack said...

It's so tiny! I'm always amazed at the creativity some people possess.