Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The basics...


Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in,
where nature may heal and give strength to body and soul.
~John Muir
Sun....Salt Water.......Stone
This photo makes me long for a summer day out on the island(Block Island, that is).

11 comments:

cheatymoon said...

Very nice. It is cold enough to start looking at summer photos... thanks. :-)

Zuzana said...

Hello Tina, stopping by on my coffee brake again.;)
So true.;)) In fact, I feel a certain longing to summer to. I think you will enjoy my post tomorrow.;)
Have a lovely mid week.
Love the picture by the way.;)
xo
Zuzana

Claus said...

I like the stone pyramid, and of course the ocean behind it! :-) Summer will come to you Tina...patience. I wish I could send you a little warmth and sun from here. We are having warm days, sun, and just the bit of wind...very pleasant.

creative kerfuffle said...

love the photo and, while i'm not quite ready for summer, i am more than ready for spring.

Manders said...

I am totally ready for warmer weather. No snow.

Jack said...

This deep freeze we are in makes me ache for summer too.

Keep yourself warm :)

Janet said...

ahhhhh, the beach!!!

SandraG said...

I don't always live what I preach but I do think it's important to live in the moment. The future is not here so today is something to savour.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

oh i long for this too!!!
we just got another 6" this morning.

I want to be where my photo shows my wine bottle! aah....

Anastasia Marou said...

In my area, winter doesn't last long, so in a few weeks (hopefully!) temperature will rise from freezing point (I mean 8*C) today to some nice 28-30*C. I hate snow, I've had enough of it during my 8-year stay in Switzerland, yet to be honest, I still miss that invigorating crispy air of the Swiss Alps! Right now I enjoy winter and the glow from the dying fire in my fireplace just before I go to sleep. I may hate winter but there is always something positive in every negative thought.

Jeanne Henriques said...

Great photo! I never thought to do that with larger rocks. Wonderful!