I am not entirely sick of the Olympics, yet.
I got sucked into it again by watching the men's curling event yesterday. Both me and Mr. F enjoy watching curling, although he says he prefers to watch the Ladies curling. Hmmmm...
And why do they insist on calling it Ladies events and not Women's in the Olympics?
As for me, I like the men. Especially this man:

That's Andreas Lang from the German curling team. Unfortunately I wasn't able to see more of Andy, since the German team didn't make it to compete for the gold. *sigh*
That was up to Norway(who will always be remembered for those fantastic trousers) and Canada. The Canadian men's curlers were so good and deserved the gold medal. It was a great game! Of course, the response in the stands from the crowd was entertaining, too. Lots of spontaneous eruptions and singing from the Canadian fans. I felt a little bad for the Norwegians since there weren't many of their supporters there for them.
On tap for today:
**IHOP (soon, I hope...Mr. F still isn't up out of bed!)
**watching the rest of Slumdog Millionare (we started watching yesterday afternoon, but then had to put it on hold because of the curling, of course!)
**probably the supermarket (sometimes I feel like this is the only place I go)
**trying to like my new hair color and look. Not sure about it yet.
**getting the dog out for a good walk(it's finally sunny out there) and I think now is the time to do it.
I'm off with the dog, then.
8 comments:
Hi there, thanks so much for visiting my blog and leaving 2 (!!!) comments, really much appreciated :-) And yep, they're Annick Goutal perfumes - sooo lovely aren't they ;-)
What? You don't like the hair? I bet it looks great. I had a gingerbread pancake this morning - I hope you got your IHop!
I haven't watched any of the olympics yet, but that guy is cute.
I love Ihop, especially the blueberry pancakes.
Sometimes it takes a few days to love a new hair colour or cut. Give it a few days before you decide if you like it or not.
I didn't accomplish many things on my weekend list either.
haven't been much into the olympics, but that guy is a hottie : ) did you like slumdog millionaire? it took me a while to gather up the courage to watch it because one of my friends saw it and said she didn't think i could because of all of the abuse/violence towards children. the hubs and i watched it and while it was harsh, it was a good movie.
~Well, thank you for visiting here and the comment, Mlle. Poirot.
I can't spend the money now, but one day...I would love to have a bottle of AG "Quel Amour" for myself.
~Barb,
I am slowly accepting the hair and had a few compliments unsolicited yesterday. And, yes, I did get my IHOP fix in yesterday, too.
~ JarieLyn,
So nice to see you are back!
~Jack,
Wise words. I am feeling much better about the new look today and almost liking it.
~c.k.,
Yes, we finished watching "Slumdog" last night (the first time watching a movie with more adult themes with my daughter, too). I am not one for violent movies--I won't watch them(so never went to see "No Country For Old Men" or "The Road", for instance)
In this movie, yes, there are distressing scenes, but it is more implied rather than shown, unlike most American made movies. And the love story within is a classic--my daughter said it was a "great" movie when it ended.
So now I'm curious about your hair ;)
I miss the Olympics... it feels 'empty' without it!
I haven't seen that much of it on television though (in NL I did but here in China it wasn't that easy)
So I didn't see much of the curling either. I don't know 'your' Andreas lol. The Norwegian trousers however were pictured in *every* newspaper online!
What did you think of Slumdog Millionair?
~Marcelle,
I am really LIKING my hair now, actually(it took a week to accept it) Funny, but my daughter felt the same way, last Mon., when there wasn't anymore Olympics to watch. It was a really good one this last time, with Canada as the host country.
"Slumdog" is a favorite movie of mine, actually(I had seen it already once before when it was out in the cinemas).
Post a Comment