Monday, February 15, 2010

Further Mumblings...



... with some Manic Monday questions and answers ,

and...

...and still no video. It should not take over an hour to load, should it? I have loaded video here before but it didn't take that long. I don't know why this one wouldn't work.





What's your least favorite word?


succulent.


closely followed by moist(related to succulent?) and larvae(let's throw in pupae, too)



Where do you go when you need really good advice?


Mr. F.



I swear, he should be making a living being a motivational speaker, or at least a life coach, or high school guidance counselor(which he is actually looking into).


Of course, I hate it when he gives me advice when I haven't asked for it.



If you could participate in any winter Olympic sport, what would it be?


curling


That's it for now. I am kind of angry about the video that won't load.
My mood might also be affected by the sound of the new version(for Haiti relief funds) of "We Are The World" blaring from the daughter's bedroom right now..
It's for a very good cause--yes, yes,
but... I still hate this song. Hated it then(the bombastic 80's original version)--hate it now.




13 comments:

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Content in a Cottage said...

Watch The Big Bang Theory tonight. That will get you in a better mood. Rosemary

cheatymoon said...

I agree with your least favorite words. Ack. Moist is on my list.

I think I would love to be an ice skater. For reals.

I hate the old version of We are The World, but this new one doesn't bother me at all. I love Jennifer Hudson's voice.

Jack said...

I'm looking forward to watching the curling too but I think the speed skating events are my favs.

"We are the world
We are the children..."

I really dislike that song too. Hope you have an awesome week :)

Clare said...

I agree with your least favourite words. I could also add anytime a blogger writes "I heart it"

I would like to be a long distance ski jumper.

Zuzana said...

So glad to see another post from you, this time with me morning coffee.;) What unconventional word and sport, but I like them.;)
And Mr. F must be very smart and feel proud.;)
My favorite word has always been "mistral". I guess it is a name, or or a term depicting a strong wind.;)
I hope your Tuesday will be great,
xo
Zuzana

Claus said...

I didn't care much for *we are the world* the original version, but I don't understand, and hence haven't even bother to listen to, the new version. Complete publicity stunt for the singers and artists involved in it I think.

There is a word in Spanish "DEMASIADO" that I truly, truly dislike! What is *demasiado*?! It would be "too much" in English, where it might make sense, but in Spanish, I just don't get it.

Have a great Tuesday!!

Manders said...

I would like to figure skate or do speed skating or moguls looks fun, too. So many to choose from.

Anastasia Marou said...

Despite spending 8 years in Switzerland, I'd never participate in ANY Olympic winter sport! Except horse riding ...but that's not a winter sport! I am so glad it's getting a bit warmer in my area! Loved the sunshine today!My least favourite word is ...obnoxious!

Gal Friday said...

~Rosemary,
I want to thank you for the Big Bang advice/reminder from Mon. evening. I saw your comment.
Watched it. Laughed.(would have forgotten about tuning in, too)

~Erin,
good to know you understand the ick factor in "moist". Was watching the men's figure skating last night and was also thinking how fun(and easy) they make it look to glide over the ice like that.
I do like Hudson's phenomenal voice, but still don't think WATW is a good song. sorry.

~Jack,
Caught some of the curling yesterday on TV(on my day off)and also the men's skating (the Canadian figure skater is adorable!).

~Clare,
I will try from here on in to never write "I heart it" in a comment at your blog. ;-)

~Claudia,
My daughter did inform me that every time that song is purchased(iTunes?) the money is donated to the Haiti relief fund, so I suppose it is still good for that(I wonder how much actually reaches the people who need it, though).

Zuzana,
Ah..a "mistral wind"...I can see why you like that word. It's so poetic sounding.

~Manders,
The Olympic athletes do make the events look so fun and easy, don't they?(it's been a long while since I have been on ice skates, but I used to love it when I was younger)

~Anastasia,
Heh..heh..you are certainly meant to live in the warm Mediterranean climate, that is for sure! :-)

Arty said...

Hmm, can't think of a least favorite word for now. I'll be careful not to use your least in any of my sentences. :))
I hope your mood is better now.

Janet said...

hate the off key singing of one of the dudes in that song. gah!

Gal Friday said...

~Arty,
I would not be offecned if you did use any of "those" problems...just my problem. ;-)

~Janet,
I KNOW what voice you mena!! I hate that part, too!!