

Just a few more photos from the Public Garden(and one from Newbury Street) in Boston.
The fresh green and blooming atmosphere in the Garden made it feel as if you had stepped into Monet painting at times. The city--besides the throngs at Quincy Market and the Aquarium(the line to purchase tickets to get in was so long, we didn't bother) was kind of quiet, it seemed to me. Maybe the absence of flights coming in from Europe because of the problems with the volcano ash had something to do with it?(still heard lots of different languages there, but interestingly, mostly German this time!) The stores -both low end and upscale--were for the most part empty. A sign of these struggling times.
Of course, I had plans for more of an interesting blog entry earlier in the day, but I am so gosh darn tired today, so this is all I can manage.
Boston and all the walking wiped me out.
Or maybe being 47 and 6 months old is wiping me out.
Standing on my feet all day at work for seven hours is making me feel old and tired.
Also making me feel tired(and a little depressed)-- knowing that my only week long vacation of the entire year is still yet to come(end of July) and feeling like I could certainly use that week right now, and also thinking to myself,
"Is this how I should be living my life? Just little spurts of free time...a day or so(every once in a while--a three day weekend), but then never truly long enough to be entirely free from thoughts of work?"
Kvetch..kvetch...I know. I shouldn't.
Other things in my life are good, including my good health(for the moment, and I am truly grateful for that), great little home and family. Most days I am pretty upbeat and okay with the way things are. They could certainly be far, far worse.
Still...there are those days when you think,
"is that all there is?"
"is that all there is?"
9 comments:
I love the photos of the Public Garden, so much green! Beautiful!:) You are a wonderful 47 and 6 months woman!:)
Beautiful collage.
I agree with you, ones health is so very important.
To think "Is there all there is" is good once in a while it keep us wanting progress.;)
Lovely music.;)
Have a great day,
xo
~Patricia,
It seemed we visited there at the perfect time of year.
And, thank you for those kind words...a wioonderful way to start off my day, reading your comment!
~Zuzana,
Your comments always cheer me, too. I think it will be a great day--sun shining, birds singing.
On days like this, "Is That All There Is?" seems enough.
I think we all ask, "Is that all there is?" from time to time. I know I do . If I didn't have the hope of heaven these days, I'd really be depressed.
Oh dear...if I could tell you how many times that question has popped in my grown-up life...I am happy with home, family, my life outside the job, but when it comes to the work situation, I'm always wondering. Less now than a few years ago; could I have settled? given up? and hence handle it differently? Not sure, but in the meantime, I might as well give it my best and be thankful for I - we - have it better than many other out there.
stay strong and positive!
and have a lovely day,
*hugs*
I think we all ask that question from time to time...it's human nature! Lovely shots of Boston...makes me wanna go!
I haven't spent a day in Boston in years, and it's close. In fact, I DROVE THROUGH today...but didn't stop. You're inspiring me to go this summer.
I know that feeling, T, and it passes.
And I agree with other commenters - you are an amazing 47 and 6 mos.
:-)
Your Boston photos are great - it's so GREEN there! Glad you had a good trip. Hope you can find satisfaction even if Life does sometimes offer more questions than answers.
I understand what you mean. I too wonder about life quite often and where I am now in life. Shouldn't I be more, have more, know more, see more, etc. etc.
funny how you say your age in years and months!!
just remember, you are not alone.
Post a Comment