
I just finished watching the Bruins vs. Buffalo hockey game. Not usually a fan of hockey but it's the Stanley Cup Play-off's and they were playing in Boston and well, the Red Sox are doing terrible right now...so it was fun to watch the last third of an exciting game, and..get to watch a Boston team win for a change.
Then, I leapt off the couch because I suddenly remembered that I had to write a blog, since I said I was going to write an entry every day for seven days.
So, it's
Day 4, and: I Am.....
Wearing: black jeans, burgundy tank, light green cardigan, butterfly print scarf
Drinking: finished off a lovely(and cheap!) Loire Sauvignon Blanc bottle of wine this evening(this bottle was opened over the weekend, so it isn't as if it were drained all in one night).
Eating: I was B-A-A-A-D...there was a half finished bag of malted milk "robin's eggs"(from Easter) in back of the cupboard which I swore I wasn't going to touch when I tried one weeks ago(way too sweet), but for some reason they hit the spot and I ate about a dozen until J reminded me that they were crap in a bag(I threw out the rest of the bag)
Listening to: just before I began typing away, my daughter was proudly reading off the music she just downloaded onto her i-Pod(for the train ride to Boston tomorrow). Her playlist included Coldplay, Guster, Brandi Carlile, Glee soundtrack songs, KT Tunstall, and Regina Spektor. That's my girl!! Of course, she had to tell me, "Sorry, Mom, but there's a John Mayer song on there." (she knows I have long hated that guy and his music)
Watching: we watched the second half of "Amadeus"(it's a long movie--I remember seeing it in the cinema in the 80's and there being an intermission), which we started watching last night. Then, after that was over, J turned on the hockey game. We were all over the place, culturally this evening. And, whatever happened to Tom Hulce(he played Mozart) and Elizabeth Berridge (Constance Mozart)?
Craving: now that I got my bad sugar craving out of the way(the malted milk chocolate "eggs"), I am not craving anything....
Worried About: a little worried about the upcoming weeks at work when 2 co-workers will be away for two weeks at a time (one after another) in May and what that will be like(May is usually the beginning of the busy summer season for us).
Wanting to: have a good time tomorrow in Boston(a little shopping, walking around and the Aquarium) and to be able to get some good photos.
Reading: I have been "dipping into" Julia Child's "Mastering The Art Of French Cooking", in anticipation of a Julia Child weekend/cook-off my book club has planned in June(I am thinking I might make some sort of artichoke dish, since I have never even cooked one before, so figure now's the perfect excuse to try)
Dreaming about: The White Mountains(our summer trip up there is booked!)
12 comments:
Apparently, I jinxed hubby favourite hockey team tonight (Montreal Canadians).
Looking forward to your photos from Boston. Enjoy your trip!
Whew - I'm having trouble keeping up with your postings! You set a goal, and you're doing it! Hope you have a great day in Boston. (Don't eat any malted milk balls. They might be crap, but they're my husband's favorite!)
We always had to watch Amadeus once a year in Junior High band class. I remember it fondly. Those eggs are quite gross, but sometimes the urges hit!!
Have a good time in Boston tomorrow!!
I went to Boston once and loved it.
Oh, I must have watched "Amadeus" tens of times, I love that movie soooo much!:) I've been eating ice cream and other yummy sugarly stuff last night too...
Have fun in Boston, can't wait to see photos!
I love 'Amadeus'!!!:) Great movie!!!:)
Do not feel bad about eating crap in a bag, I do that all the time.;)
I hate John Mayer too.;)
My boss is out of town next week too (that is if he the airports open by then), so it will be a bit stressful for me to.;)
I loved Amadeus as it was filmed in Prague and by a Czech director.
Have a lovely day dear Tina,
xo
WOW- 7 days in a row huh? I am impressed.
I love malted robin eggs but I can't just eat one so I have not had even the 1 in years!!! There are no words, "way too sweet" in my vocabulary.
Can't wait for the Boston pics.
And hey - that's okay that the Sox aren't on a winning streak it makes my team look so much better.
:-)
i just finished an anita shreve book, all he ever wanted, and they vacationed in the white mountains : ) ha. i hope you get some great pictures at the aquarium and have a super time! we also still have easter candy left and i'm considering tossing it. if i do there just might be a revolt in my house.
We are planning a hiking trip for up north in Maine first... then a day or two in the Whites later on. I wish I were going next week. Ack.
I hate John Mayer too. But love just about everything else on your girl's playlist.
Have a blast in B-town. I am driving through tomorrow on my way to visit family.
Except for the work situation, plenty of things to look forward to, in the next few days and in the near future! I wish I had had a time for vacationing during our summer...i wish I could've gone somewhere far away from the city and its chaos, where tranquility would relax me. But no such luck. That is the one thing I TRULY dislike about my job: absence of vacation time. Oh well...
Hope you have a great time in Boston!
Tom Hulce was so cute in that movie!
I don't like John Mayer, either.
Hope Boston was fun!
Post a Comment