Please don't tell my real dog, but I have a new canine crush. This red pajama wearin', cute-as-a-button Iggy (Italian Greyhound). For a while, I had this photo I found on some Italian Greyhound breeding website up on my desktop. Every day when I saw it first thing when I turned the home computer on, I would swoon over this creature. My own dog, of course, looks a little like this(but is black and bigger and would never wear any type of clothing!), but I have to say...every once in a while I say I want another dog and might it be a pure bred Iggy(that I would name Fenway if it were a male or Elizebetta if it were a female)? They are just too adorable.But, then who am I kidding? With all of Jewel's expensive medications(for the Addison's disease and flea and tick and heartworm medicines, too), we couldn't afford another dog! And then, there is that matter of a (human)child we would like to send to college someday, too.....
Anyway, I am feeling chatty with nothing much to say but on I type.....
I think today might be a good one, even though the first thoughts on my mind when I woke up were the huge (in size) pieces I'll likely have to tackle today at the frame shop(large "lites" of glass to cut--always a little scary to me), and the still leaking oil leak/spill in the Gulf Of Mexico.
My good omen for the day? The sky was threatening rain any moment, but I had to take the dog for her usual morning walk. There were only small drops during the walk, and just as we got to the gate, back at the house, it started to pour! So, very good timing!
Yes, it's the little things that make me happy.
Like seeing the two hula hooping little girls on their front lawn this morning. Lunch boxes and backpacks cast aside while they took a hula hoop break on their way to the school bus stop.
Like the aroma of freshly brewed coffee that I smell as I walk by this one particular house at the end of our street... every single morning! I don't know why the brewed coffee smell is so strong and wafts out from and around the house like that(with the windows and doors shut, too), and if they have a coffee shop in their home, but it never fails to cheer me as we walk by.
Like my hair looking spectacular(if I may say so myself) from the moment I first looked in the mirror this morning. Every once in a great while, that'll happen--I'll do absolutely nothing to my showered head of wet hair, go to bed and the next morning-voila! Perfect hair.
9 comments:
What a positive entry!!...and I do need to read something positive today; work is driving my nuts, so much so, that I did not want to come today :-(...yeah, I do have that sort of days once in a while.
The puppy is adorable!, yet I understand how much investment a dog-child needs (took Lucas&Mateo to the vet on the weekend for their annual shots and it left me broke).
My hair, on the other hand, it's going crazy these days. Curly as it is, it sometimes gets "rebellious".
Have an awesome day ahead!
I need something positive, too. I have HUGE thoughts running through my head, so this was a nice entry to read.
My hair looked horrible when I woke up this morning. It is too straight, so when I sleep on it, it goes all crazy...Ahhh...hair...
I am growing out my short hair - I do not have good hair days anymore. I think I may wear a baseball cap for a full year. Honestly this is harder than anything I've ever done! So all I have to say to you about that is - you lucky bitch!!!
Fenway? That's a good name even a NYY fan can appreciate a good name when she hears one.
What is going on with our favorite ball clubs? We are both falling apart this year before our very eyes.
so odd you should have a dog post today : O the hubs called me about an hour ago. he visits the animal shelter from time to time. he said today he found a little dog that he thought needed to come home w/ him. awhile ago i said when we no longer had two dogs and two cats i would like a little lap dog. from time to time the hubs tries to convince me we should get one now. i hold fast though.
also--i love the little things that make you happy : ) love it when you have a great hair day, ove the smell of coffee anywhere and yeah for the rain waiting until you got home : )
Congratulations on your "Good Hair Day", that's as great as an award ;-) I love little things like the hula girls you describe, yes, sometimes they are all you need to brighten your day. An old couple holding hands normally does it for me... :-) Hope your week stays this positive. Love from London x
You seemed in a very good mood writing this post, good for you.;) I agree on that happiness lie in the simple things in each single day.;)
And what woman doesn't love to wake up to a good hair day.;))
xo
I used to sleep on wet hair when my boy was smaller, but I don't anymore. But it is an interesting concept. :-)
Glad all the little things made you happy. We all need to have that perspective.
you sound very upbeat, happy and content!! what could be better than that???
have a blessed weekend!!
Thanks to Everyone who commented.
Even though my hair isn't as spectacular(far from it today) as it was the other morning, my happy outlook on life is still there--must be the sunny days and reading these reaffirming messages from all of you. :-)
Post a Comment