
A quick entry this evening. Husband's been making some delicious garlicky scented pasta dish which should be ready any moment(AND he cleaned the house including washing the floors while I was at work today--whadda guy, huh?), so I am going to type this out quickly(with R's accompanying saxophone music from down the hall--I think's it's the theme song to "Pirates Of The Caribbean" she is playing).
When I want to check in here with nothing much interesting or planned to write about, I fall back on good ole' Blogthings.
This time it's the "Paris Test". (and my results ring very true for me)
Do you know, I have never yearned to visit Paris? It seems to be the dream city for so many people I know. I wouldn't turn down an opportunity to go there. In fact, I would probably love it. But there are other cities at the top of my list of places I would most like to visit.
Savannah, Georgia
Amsterdam
London
Austin, Texas
Washington, D.C.(didn't see nearly enough when we went last summer)
When I want to check in here with nothing much interesting or planned to write about, I fall back on good ole' Blogthings.
This time it's the "Paris Test". (and my results ring very true for me)
Do you know, I have never yearned to visit Paris? It seems to be the dream city for so many people I know. I wouldn't turn down an opportunity to go there. In fact, I would probably love it. But there are other cities at the top of my list of places I would most like to visit.
Savannah, Georgia
Amsterdam
London
Austin, Texas
Washington, D.C.(didn't see nearly enough when we went last summer)
| You Are Contemplative |
![]() Some people may consider you to be a bit too boring, but you find comfort in routine. You are a naturally curious person. You are truly interested in how the world works. You have a few friends that you feel really bonded to you. You prefer very close friendships. Novelty and variety recharge you. You are a true adventurer at heart. |

12 comments:
Gosh - this could be me! Hope your pasta is as good as it sounds.
You Are Optimistic
Some people may consider you to be a bit too boring, but you find comfort in routine.
You are a naturally creative person. You are always looking for your next inspiration.
You value relationships, but they aren't always your first priority. You are often too busy for some friends.
Expression and art recharge you. You feel best when you are able to make something.
this is what mine said....
You Are Energetic
Some people may consider you to be a bit too boring, but you find comfort in routine.
You are a naturally creative person. You are always looking for your next inspiration.
You value your relationships, and you try to learn as much about your friends as possible.
Expression and art recharge you. You feel best when you are able to make something.
most of it sounds like me. and I must say what a lucky and special lady you are to have such a wonderful family. enjoy!!
Savannah, Georgia is beautiful!
We were in Georgia last weekend, it was HOT and muggy, kind of like it is here in Florida! Have not heard from you in a while..How are you?
I got the same results as you on the test.
And I too have never longed to go to Paris. Even when I worked for an airline and could fly free I never chose to go there. funny that I finally met someone who felt the same.
Don't go to Savannah or DC in summer is my tip. DC in fall is so much better to be a tourist. less tourists and congestion. If you need a tour guide call me! :-)
I had the same result as you... go figure. I've never been to Savannah - drove through. Lived in Charleston for a time, and it is quite lovely.
London is one of my faves.
I would like to go to Paris.... not sure what my top 5 places to visit would be. Might be a fun game to play. :-) Fun post.
~Barb,
The pasta was delicious(I locve coming home to a meal cooked by someone else)
~Manders,
I had you in mind(knowing how much you love Paris) when I saw this quiz...
~Doreen,
I agree--your result sounds like it fits you well.
~Hey Roseann.
I need to come by for a "visit", don't I?
As for those hot and muggy southern places, I will have to keep it in mind to visit in spring or fall. I don't do well in temps higher than 85, and this New England Gal would wilt in that kind of heat and humidity.
~Peg,
Hmmm...great minds think alike?;-)
I would LOVE to take you up on that D.C. tour guide invitation sometime(I was surprised at how much I enjoyed that city--I had never been there before last summer, can you believe it?)...
Well... I AM optimistic!!! Here is the verdict of The Paris Test:
You Are Optimistic
Some people may consider you to be a bit too boring, but you find comfort in routine.
You are a naturally stylish person. You always present yourself well.
You value relationships, but they aren't always your first priority. You are often too busy for some friends.
Expression and art recharge you. You feel best when you are able to make something.
Tina, I'm sure you'll love Paris. I've been to the City of Light 8 times so far but if I had the chance to fly there tomorrow, I wouldn't say no. My best moment was when I first saw Mona Lisa at the Louvre.
I am OPTIMISTIC:
Some people may consider you to be too shy, but you are simply thoughtful.
You are a naturally creative person. You are always looking for your next inspiration.
You have very sweet and tender feelings about your friends. You truly miss your friends when you can't spend time with them.
Novelty and variety recharge you. You are a true adventurer at heart
--------
Very accurate, actually :-) it is nice when these things "get" you, don't you think?
And though I wouldn't mind either to go to Paris, there are other places in my list: Spain, England (I want to go to Bath), Hawaii, Australia...and an even bigger list of places within Guatemala :-)
How funny, this was my outcome:
You Are Optimistic
Some people may consider you to be too hyper, but you can't help it. You love life.
You are a naturally brainy person. Ideas always excite you.
You have a few friends that you feel really bonded to you. You prefer very close friendships.
Novelty and variety recharge you. You are a true adventurer at heart.
BTW: If you do make it to London, I'd be happy to show you round. I miss Paris, but then it's my home town... Love from London x
i have been to london and paris and savannah. i have good memories of all these places but i realize that sometimes it's not the place, it is who you are there with and what you do.
~Anastasia,
Your result certainly fits you--optimistic and stylish! :-)
Just thinking about viewing the Mona Lisa for the first time, as you said, makes me want to get to the Louvre...one day...
~Claus,
Another "seems right" result--I think your answer fits you.
I had forgotten--I would love to visit some places, too, in Spain. Especially Segovia.
~Mademoiselle,
So..you are from Paris!! I hope you weren't too offended by my saying that Paris is not at the top-of-my-list of places to visit. But I would never turn down a chance to go there...
~c.k.,
You have been to all three--London, Paris and Savannah!! You have really traveled, compared to me. :-(
And yes, you are right--it's really how you experience it and are attached to a place that makes a place remain in your heart and memory.
Post a Comment