Friday, May 21, 2010

Freitag


It's Friday and the coffee mug is half full, and it's time yet again for a Friday Fill-In:
1.Beagles_____________ never fail to make me smile. I just want to add, that 30 Rock(which I watched last night), never fails to make me guffaw loudly with laughter(yes, I am afraid I am a 'guffawer'). The only thing that was wrong about last night's season finale was the bad(BAD!) Boston(?)/New England(?)/Massachusetts(?) accent by Julianne Moore. It was distracting as she kept veering into almost a Southern drawl mixed with a Brooklyn accent--what was that? If these supposedly talented Hollywood actors can't get it right(see Tom Hanks in "Catch Me If You Can" and Jack Nicholson in "The Departed"--more examples of deeply wrong and overblown Massachusetts accents), they should just speak normally. Or listen to Matt Damon(who was as adorable as ever as the pilot in 30 Rock last night)--that's how people actually talk in and around Boston.
2. I'm looking forward to _________a Saturday off(having worked a few the last few weeks).
3. NPR radio from down the hall in the kitchen __________ is what I'm listening to right now(something about the Grand Trunk Road through Pakistan).
4. Potato salad must have_____________ scallions in it.
5. Yogurt with pecans and blueberries ______________ was the best thing I ate today.(so far...that was my breakfast)
6. Today was ________was? I'm still just starting my day and I have started it early, woken up at 3:30(!) by a bird outside my window and then of course I could not fall back asleep and just lay there and worried over work-related things until I finally got out of bed at 5:45 *sigh*.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to _____not sure--I suppose just being home from work and knowing I have a two day weekend ahead of me will be a good feeling later on today and maybe sleep will be what I will look forward to, since I got up so early, tomorrow my plans include _____going to a plant sale at the high school's greenhouse and Sunday, I want to _____make a cake(have a recipe for Key Lime layer cake)!

I started off my day early--much too early, at around 3:30 when a bird woke me up.
I think it might have been one of those confused mate less mockingbirds that sometimes sing in the summer night. In fact, last night reminded me of summer already. It was warm and we slept with all the windows open. The soft breeze rustled the fresh leaves on the trees. Very soothing to listen to. And, right before falling asleep last night, I heard the first cricket chirping away outside.
To continue this summery mood, I am also wearing sandals for the first time today, too.
I should probably show off my sandals, since I had the camera out this morning(to take a picture of my "happy friday" mug--above), but my Jewel, snuggled on the red heart pillow on the couch this morning, is much cuter to look at than my ugly toes.
















9 comments:

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Wow I think you are feeling better. That is great.

The only thing worse than actors doing a bad Boston accent is Meryl doing a bad Italian American one in Bridges of Madison County. It made my head explode it was so awful and wrong!!! But then she was so miscast in that movie it wasn't even funny.

I think I need the recipe for that key lime cake. That would be a good one for company at the lake this summer. It sounds light and cool.

creative kerfuffle said...

i had bad accents too. they are so distracting. and, i hate it when people take on an accent in real life. like madonna. really? that's just insane. i hope you have a relaxing weekend : )

Manders said...

Love the mugs!! They are great!!

I have posted my Friday Fill-ins on my blog!! Hope you have a good weekend.

cheatymoon said...

I watched 30 Rock this morning and thought the same thing about her accent. So wrong. But Matt Damon? So right - in every way. I enjoy him more and more. I love that show.

My toes are not fit for sandals, but I've had them out for a few weeks. I'm also wanting a new pair of sandals this summer, even though I don't exactly need them... eBay here I come...

Glad you're feeling better.

Jewel is such a pretty girl. xo

Janet said...

scallions? Interesting! I heard the first crickets last evening, too :-)

SandraG said...

The key lime cake sounds dreamy! And as long as it's there and I'm here, there are no calories. :-)

Unknown said...

Key Lime cake sounds really good :)

And your dog is gorgeous.

First time playing along- looks like fun.

http://www.myloonyverse.com/2010/05/friday-fill-ins-just-for-fun.html

Zuzana said...

I hope you had a lovely Friday and that your Saturday at the plant sale is lovely. I love your fill ins post, and that pecan blueberries yogurt sounds yummy.
Here it is warm and sunny and I am enjoying my weekend outdoors. Like you, I was woken up early, but not by a bird but some terrible sound of machinery from the neighbours, which pretty much ruined my sleep in morning.
Have a lovely weekend,
xo

Gal Friday said...

~Peg,
I have never(yet) seen that movie, but one would think at least Meryl Streep could master an Amer. Iatlian accent, but I guess not!
I'll send you the recipe(but, um.. I don't think it's all that "light").

~c.k.,
Does Madonna still do that(the adopted British accent)--I thought that was just a phase for her.

~Amanda,
The two mugs were had to be five dollars the pair at Marshall's!

~Erin,
I agree about Damon--he seems to get better(in every aspect) year after year. :-)
I say you deserve at least a new pair of sandals every summer(I got two pairs for myself at Target this season)
And..I love when people agree with me that my dog is a pretty one. :-)

~Janet,
Yep. scallions. Onions in a pinch, but I prefer scallions in potato salad.

~Sandra,
you are a wise(and funny) woman--this cake takes five eggs, a stick of butter and who knows how much sugar!! ;-)


~dddiva,

Thanks for the visit and comment here. And thank you for the compliment on my dog.

Zuzana,
I am happy for you that you have a warm and sunny weekend over there(here, it turned out quite foggy with little sun).
I HATE that when someone can't wait until layter on a weekend morning to make yard noise--so rude.





~