Thursday, May 20, 2010

Monday already?

image: stockxchange.com



A little 80's Flash-back music for Monday, then. 1985.

The Waterboys.

"The Whole Of The Moon".

What a year! What a song....







I pictured a rainbow

You held it in your hands


I had flashes


But you saw the plan


I wandered out in the world for years


While you just stayed in your room


***


I saw the crescent


You saw the whole of the moon!


The whole of the moon!


***


You were there at the turnstiles


With the wind at your heels


You stretched for the stars


And you know how it feels


To reach too high


Too far


Too soon


You saw the whole of the moon!


***


I was grounded


While you filled the skies


I was dumbfounded by truths


You cut through lies


I saw the rain-dirty valley


You saw Brigadoon!


***


I saw the crescent


You saw the whole of the moon!


***


I spoke about wingsY


You just flew


I wondered, I guessed, and I tried


You just knew


***


I sighed


But you swooned


***


I saw the crescent


You saw the whole of the moon!


The whole of the moon!


***


With a torch in your pocket


And the wind at your heels


You climbed on the ladder


And you know how it feels


To reach too high


Too far


Too soon


***


You saw the whole of the moon!


The whole of the moon!


***


Unicorns and cannonballs,


Palaces and piers,


Trumpets, towers, and tenements,


Wide oceans full of tears,


Flag, rags, ferry boats,


Scimitars and scarves,


Every precious dream and vision


Underneath the stars


You climbed on the ladder


With the wind in your sails


You came like a comet


Blazing your trail


Too high


Too far


Too soon


***


You saw the whole of the moon!

1 comment:

cheatymoon said...

This song was SUCH a huge part of my soundtrack in the 90s. Another band I loved from then was called Hot House Flowers.
You're bringing me back, Ms. Friday. xo