I went shopping at TJ Maxx yesterday. Just thought I would look around in there since I have that seasonal bug right now where I feel I need something new to add to my wardrobe. Something fresh and summery or at least different. But I could barely find anything! There was nothing in the way of shorts, skirts or jeans in my size. What a sad selection of clothing.
The tops were either cheap and ugly looking with thin material(and what's with all the scissored, ripped details?), or garish prints or ruffles and puff sleeves, or simply too big and loose !
I had to head over to the Juniors area to look over jeans and actually found a simple(and I *think* appropriate enough for this 40-something to wear) pair of skinny jeans that fit nicely.
And, as boring as it sounds, I ended up leaving with a white tee-shirt and also.....
...wait for it....
...a black tee-shirt! Like a uniform.
Well, I figured these were classics and I looked good in them(fit was perfect) I can always accessorize with a sweater or scarf or cute sandals, right?
Still, I wish I could have found something a little more unique.
10 comments:
great choices! all you need is the basic and then add color with accessories as you said. I bet you look great no matter what you wear.
have a great week!!
I think what you found is great, one can never go wrong with jeans and a black t-shirt, I always thought that was a perfect look.;)
I know what you mean though. I only buy my clothes online and today I did a search for new online places as I simply am so tired of not being able to find anything "unique" these days too.;)
xoxo
Can't go wrong with the basics! Different accessories, and you have a different look. Good buy!!
i think you picked some winners. oddly enough the girl and i went to a store like tjmaxx yesterday and i was surprised at the lack of unique tops or shorts. well, i should also say tops or shorts that weren't too sheer or short. who is designing clothes for normal people these days? whoever it is, they suck.
I know what you mean but at least you can't go wrong with these. flats, heels or sneakers and it's a whole different look. Scarf, necklace and again you changed it up.
Everything is looking old to me and I don't mean my closet but at the stores. I am in a bored phase I guess.
These outfits are perfect. You could dress them up with some jewelry and a sweater or jacket or comfy-casual.
Something I would have picked out for myself.
You will look chic and polished. Actually, it's my travel wardrobe.
A lovely, classic and classy selection, madame ;-) You cannot go wrong with jeans and a simple, well-cut t-shirt. Add a blazer or a cardigan, a statement necklace, a pretty scarf or a BIG corsage and you have a different outfit every time. Great choice in my opinion. Love from London x
~Doreen,
Thanks, Doreen. I get confused by what is in "fashion" these days, anyway, so at least we have the classics to fall back on.
~Zuzana,
I think I need to start trying to shop for clothes online(I am a little leery because I prefer to try things on for the fit first). I hope you find a new source for some unique clothes, too. I might suggest "Anthropologie", but am not sure if they ship internationally.
~Claus,
That's exactly how I thought of these simple pieces. :-)
~c.k.,
So it isn't just me! I hate all the sheer, then material the clothes are made of now--meaning you then have to think of what to layer underneath, when I want it simple and don't want to worry about layers(especially in summer)
~Peg,
I know that bored feeling, too. I feel like I am between ages--too old for the cutesy, fashionable stuff, yet not ready for that country club/matronly look. So...it's t-shirts and jeans for me! :-)
~Jack,
I am glad you agree--isn't it wierd how jeans seem never to out of style?
~Barb,
Chic and polished? I wouldn't go that far(you should see me by the end of the day)
~Mlle. Poirot,
You make me want to go back out shopping--for the accessories you mentioned!
One of the great rites of a new season is to buy at least one new piece of clothing. I admit I went a bit overboard this year but they did have some cute tops and I can finally throw out some of the ones I've had for a decade or more!
I know this is practically heresy but I have NEVER owned a pair of jeans. Unbelievable, eh?
Post a Comment