
...on a HOT summer night. (currently 81*F/27*C -reached 99*F/37*C today!)
Went out for ice cream. Pistachio in a waffle cone for me,
--chocolate brownie in a sugar cone for R-- at the place at the top of the hill tonight
Drove back home with our cones,
dog hanging out the window, sniffing and gulping in the humid night air
listening to "Mustang Sally" on the radio
then sitting on the back deck
licking the cool creamy ice cream
sounds of moths flicking against the porch light
bats swooping
fireflies twinkling
all very quiet, except for the buzz of air conditioners on the houses on our street
Well, it was quiet, but then a crackle of leftover 4th of July fireworks from somewhere in the neighborhood
Your Ice Cream Personality: |
![]() You like to think of yourself as a fairly modest person. And it's true that you don't talk yourself up... but you're also pretty happy with who you are. You are a pretty cautious person. You look before you leap, and you don't leap often. There's a bit of a wild child within you, but it doesn't get out often. You are a fairly open minded person with a wide range of tastes. You are quite accepting of unusual ideas and people. You are a natural multi-tasker. You feel alive when you're doing more than one thing at a time (this is not true for me at all--I have to multi-task at work almost all the time and I hate it). You are a serious and contemplative person. You definitely do your own thing in life. |
Take the

5 comments:
Love this post.
Clare
Lovely post, Tina!!!:) It's exactly how summer is supposed to look, sound and taste!!!:)
By the way, on my way to work today I saw something weird and immediately thought of you...:)I remembered how you like sharing strange things you have seen and how once you asked me if I had seen anything unusual myself... I had nothing interesting to share then, but this morning I noticed a sign on a newspaper stand 'Don't look at the sales girl, she's not for sale'... This was sooo weird... I go past that place every day but I've never paid attention to the woman selling there... Needless to say, I should have a good look at her next time /I didn't dare to this morning as I was still too shocked by the sign and I was afraid that my emotions were too visible on my face...;)/...:P
This gives me an important piece of info about your town: ICE CREAM!
PS I use a Sony DSLR 100 with an 18-250 lens. I also use a Sony Cybershot.
i like it : ) nice post, except for the heat/humidity part.
I have been indulging in ice cream more often this week due to the heat and semi-vacationish existence (other half off work for the week).
I took the blogthing and it didn't come out to be me at all. Those things are usually right!!
Anyway - I have your blog back in my google reader (google not cooperating this week) and I will visit more often! xo
Post a Comment