Monday, September 6, 2010

Ladies Who Shop

As consumerist and crass as it sounds, my daughter and I have some of our best mother-daughter bonding moments when we are out shopping or simply looking around in shops.
She has never once turned down an invitation to go a store with me(heck--she even likes coming to the grocery store with me sometimes) and we both like poking around in the shops in the nearby village of Wickford. The last time we were there, I had told myself that we were not going to buy anything this time, but of course......
Miss R had to find this wallet in The Different Drummer and how could I not lend her the fifteen bucks to get it?!
Yup. A vinyl "candy dot" wallet. Almost looks like the real, edible kind.

8 comments:

creative kerfuffle said...

cute! i love that you two can shop like that. when the girl and i go out shopping it's not nearly a bonding time. i need to work on that.

Unknown said...

but look at the smile on Miss R's face. lovely....

Claus said...

Buying with my mom is also a great moment! She always know where the best deals and the bet things are! :-) Very curious, and unique wallet!
have a great day!

Manders said...

I always loved shopping with my Mom, too. Still do. I think it is great that you still can do this. And that wallet is AWESOME!!

Bellezza said...

Much as I love my son, and we do have wonderful times together, this post makes me wish for a daughter. I'm so glad you have such fun together!

Also, love the new look of your blog. Isn't it fun to play around with the templates? I think I'm the Queen of Change, at least when it comes to changing up the look of my blog. ;)

~JarieLyn~ said...

I used to love candy dots when I was a kid but my taste buds for a candy dot wallet are nil. Glad your daughter likes it. It's nice that you two can have a bonding experience while shopping.

Love the look of your blog too. I didn't notice it the other day.

Anastasia said...

Well, Miss R has grown into a gorgeous young lady who has a very young mum! Lucky girl! I love that wallet, by the way! :-)

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

This wallet looks good enough to eat. I love it. And since you are a fan of polka dots I can see why you liked it.

I think most girls like shopping with their mom. I know I did. And I LOVE doing it with my friends kids and my nieces. The stuff they tell me over sweaters and purses is amazing!!