Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Monday Morning at "My" Beach

Yesterday, just after 8 in the morning, I took Jewel down to the nearest beach to us. It's on the bay, and there is a small public beach and boat launch, as well as the site of University of Rhode Island Oceanography School. The ship which is sometimes docked there(as it was yesterday), is the research vessel Endeavor.
It was so relaxing to be there, with just a few people--some fishing,
some enjoying the cool breeze, sand and view, and warm September sunshine like me.
And to some canines (always allowed at this beach) there were plenty of good things in the air, in the sand, and in between the rocks to sniff out. The gentle waves lapping at the sand and rocks, the occasional cry of a seagull and the cricket and birdsong from the the grasses and shrubs at the shoreline just added to the mellow September stew.













11 comments:

Unknown said...

what a great day! fun and relaxing. beach, water, sun what more could one want?

Unknown said...

oh yes, love the starfish. I don't see them here.

Barb said...

I can feel the salt air on my face as I read your post! Looks like a gorgeous day for surf and sand. Great starfish photo! Wish I had seen one when on MV!

Kerry said...

I was gonna offer to dog-sit, but realized you are on the Other Coast. Never the less, I'll be back.

~JarieLyn~ said...

You are so lucky to have a beach that you can take your dog to. I'm really glad you took pictures, they are absolutely wonderful.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

I have always wanted to live in New England and your photo's always cement it for me!
:-)

creative kerfuffle said...

it looks like jewel had a great time! love the shots of her looking out to sea : ) i so enjoy it when you share pictures like this. i swear in another life i will live in new england.

Claus said...

Looks so relaxing!! I love the beach and the sea, so it was a real pleasure to look at those bright and wonderful pictures. And it does not look crowded, so another plus :-)
Jewel must love to go there! I'm sure Lucas&Mateo would too, but they are still young and have too much energy, so I wonder how would they behave freely in such a place? :-)
have a wonderful day!!

Arty said...

These photos remind me so much of here with the rocky areas on the beach, large pebbles and part sand. Lovely.
Your new blog look looks great too :)

Kerry said...

oh look, i'm back already! I would LOVE a Welsh springer; do you have one for me? But no, Reub is a complicated mix from the pound, and Ed is a Portuguese Water Dog.

Gal Friday said...

Kerry,
Reub's "complicated" mix *might* have Welshie in him, maybe????
My own dog is a mix/mutt herself(Italian Greyhound mother and Brittany Spaniel father)