I always think the pictures of your town as something from a movie. It really is out of central casting. How you picture a New England town. Beautifully captured.
Yay! I am glad to see a post from you, it's been a while! How are you? Great pictures too. I wish we had some snow...but I wont and dont hold my breath here in Florida. Although on Sunday we saw snow flurries here but nothing happend.
HEEEEY!!!! welcome back!! those are some pretty great pictures. You definitely live in a pretty interesting town, with pretty interesting things to look around. You must never grow tired of peaking everywhere, do you? heard about the extreme weather up north. I hope you and yours are OK. Stay safe! and as warm as possible (especially Jewel!)
c.k., Um, yeah..I did just disappear there, didn't I? Best explanation I can give was that I was extrememly busy with family and work and found I could manage my life a little more smoothly when not blogging. A virus in our home computer for a time also weaned me off being online for some time, too. But, I missed Blogger and all the blogs I enjoyed reading and here I am again--will TRY to maintain a balance between my online and offline life and see how it goes.
~Peg, Here I was thinking it all looked rather bleak and dismal. It is a great little downtown area(but so much has changed and I wish it were like it was ten years ago, though. The Kenyon building, for instance, used to house an old department store circa 1854 complete with creaky wooden floors, old fashioned counters and cash registers and ancient old women upstairs in the "lingerie" department willing and able to fit you for a new bra. I used to do my Christmas shopping in therer, but it finally closed shortly after my daughter's 5th birthday.
~S. Frog, I know--it HAS been pretty darn cold down where you are so far this season, hasn't it?! We got a foot of snow and it is just gorgeous out today(now that the sun is out and the howling blizzard winds have died down)
~Claus, Do you know--I hadn't done that "wandering around and photographing" in months? I missed it and I also felt inspired to blog again after I took those pictures. :-) It is good to be back(and get such affirming, welcoming comments right off the bat after being away for so long)
Tina...I was just thinking about you today. It has been so long since you've posted...over 3 months. Welcome back. Hope you had a great Christmas. Happy New Year. xo, Rosemary
I always enjoy reading your blog and looking at your wonderful pictures! Your city is so cheerful and looks comfortable. It is beautiful! Really neat to see the snow blowing too!
glad you are back Tina. I have thought about you often and hoping everything was ok with you.
photos are very nice and crisp. you certainly have been hit hard this winter so far. it has been very mild here with not much snow for a change. will be in the 40's and 50's the next few days, then back to normal.
~ Barb, Thanks, as always for popping in and leaving a positive comment for me.
~Rosemary, You know...I also thought of you often, but just couldn't get my act together for the longest time to catch up with my friends here in Blogger-land.
~Sandra, I have missed it, too--and thank you so very much for the beautiful cards you send me(birthday and Christmas).
~Erin, Awww..thanks for the warm welcome back. :-)
~ Arty, I missed your blog, too--spent a little time there recently catching up(love the views of your town by the sea--so rocky and windswept and beautiful)
~Meg, There was MUCH more snow blowing just a few hours after I took those photos. I should have taken some the next day when it all looked like a winter wonderland(but I was too busy at home shovelling)
~Manders, Well, hello to you, too. :-)
~ Doreen, Thanks for the comment and still wanting to stop by here. I can't complain about our weather--we have only had one big snowfall so far this season(up till this last storm, we had weather much like yours, actually)
I'm catching up on everything now that our friends have left and wow I discovered you are back to blogging :) Happy to see you again!! And lovely to watch your photos.
16 comments:
omg! you're back! how have you been? what have you been up to? i love the pics of your town : ) but really? three months gone and this is it??? LOL
I always think the pictures of your town as something from a movie. It really is out of central casting. How you picture a New England town. Beautifully captured.
Happy New Year.
Yay! I am glad to see a post from you, it's been a while! How are you? Great pictures too. I wish we had some snow...but I wont and dont hold my breath here in Florida. Although on Sunday we saw snow flurries here but nothing happend.
HEEEEY!!!! welcome back!!
those are some pretty great pictures. You definitely live in a pretty interesting town, with pretty interesting things to look around. You must never grow tired of peaking everywhere, do you? heard about the extreme weather up north. I hope you and yours are OK. Stay safe! and as warm as possible (especially Jewel!)
c.k.,
Um, yeah..I did just disappear there, didn't I?
Best explanation I can give was that I was extrememly busy with family and work and found I could manage my life a little more smoothly when not blogging. A virus in our home computer for a time also weaned me off being online for some time, too.
But, I missed Blogger and all the blogs I enjoyed reading and here I am again--will TRY to maintain a balance between my online and offline life and see how it goes.
~Peg,
Here I was thinking it all looked rather bleak and dismal. It is a great little downtown area(but so much has changed and I wish it were like it was ten years ago, though. The Kenyon building, for instance, used to house an old department store circa 1854 complete with creaky wooden floors, old fashioned counters and cash registers and ancient old women upstairs in the "lingerie" department willing and able to fit you for a new bra. I used to do my Christmas shopping in therer, but it finally closed shortly after my daughter's 5th birthday.
~S. Frog,
I know--it HAS been pretty darn cold down where you are so far this season, hasn't it?! We got a foot of snow and it is just gorgeous out today(now that the sun is out and the howling blizzard winds have died down)
~Claus,
Do you know--I hadn't done that "wandering around and photographing" in months? I missed it and I also felt inspired to blog again after I took those pictures. :-) It is good to be back(and get such affirming, welcoming comments right off the bat after being away for so long)
Welcome back! I like your quaint town - so colorful and festive. Happy 2011 - keep blogging!
Tina...I was just thinking about you today. It has been so long since you've posted...over 3 months. Welcome back. Hope you had a great Christmas. Happy New Year.
xo, Rosemary
Jennifer ad I were just saying how much we missed chatting with you. Have a great 2011!
I always enjoy reading your blog and looking at your wonderful pictures! Your city is so cheerful and looks comfortable. It is beautiful!
Really neat to see the snow blowing too!
Hi! So good to see you. Thank you for sharing your lovely town with us. I hope you are well!!
So glad you are blogging again!!
It'*s really good to see you back :) I missed you.
Hi Tina. You were greatly missed. It's so nice to see you after so long :)
I missed you, too! Glad you are back!! Hugs!!
glad you are back Tina. I have thought about you often and hoping everything was ok with you.
photos are very nice and crisp. you certainly have been hit hard this winter so far. it has been very mild here with not much snow for a change. will be in the 40's and 50's the next few days, then back to normal.
~ Barb,
Thanks, as always for popping in and leaving a positive comment for me.
~Rosemary,
You know...I also thought of you often, but just couldn't get my act together for the longest time to catch up with my friends here in Blogger-land.
~Sandra,
I have missed it, too--and thank you so very much for the beautiful cards you send me(birthday and Christmas).
~Erin,
Awww..thanks for the warm welcome back. :-)
~ Arty,
I missed your blog, too--spent a little time there recently catching up(love the views of your town by the sea--so rocky and windswept and beautiful)
~Meg,
There was MUCH more snow blowing just a few hours after I took those photos. I should have taken some the next day when it all looked like a winter wonderland(but I was too busy at home shovelling)
~Manders,
Well, hello to you, too. :-)
~ Doreen,
Thanks for the comment and still wanting to stop by here. I can't complain about our weather--we have only had one big snowfall so far this season(up till this last storm, we had weather much like yours, actually)
I'm catching up on everything now that our friends have left and wow I discovered you are back to blogging :)
Happy to see you again!!
And lovely to watch your photos.
Post a Comment