
Listening to the near quiet of a cold "last-day-of-the-old year".
Just heard the faint sound of that whirring sound swans make as they fly over the roof,
can hear the buzz of the computer modem in here,
and also the chickadee's "dee-dee" song outside my window.
Feeling a little low today. Fight with the husband last night. Not feeling like celebrating tonight. Might start off the arrival of 2011 with some painting/drawing, which I really have not done much of since October, when I painted the wary ( and also weary?) eyed woman above.
9 comments:
Just stopped by to say thank you for your lovely comment on my blog. I do wonder sometimes if I waffle on a bit so it's nice when someone leaves a comment like that :)
WOYWW = What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday it's a weekly post that was set up by Julia. We all upload pictures of our desk, work areas, spaces, things we are working on - whatever we like and it just basically gives the voyeur in you chance to snoop around other peoples creative spaces, have a natter and maybe meet like minded people. I've met so many fabulous people through it since she started. It's grown quite huge now but you aren't expected to visit EVERY desk just as many or as few as you like :) Why not join us next Wednesday? If you do, remember to post a link on Julia's Wednesday post so that we can all find you.
I love your art in this post - she looks so thoughtful - like she's plotting something! ...and love the way you talk too so will be back in the New Year.
Happy New Year :)
I love your art! I hope you are inspired to do some tonight. I am sorry about the fight, though. I don't like fighting with the hubby. It sours everything! Hugs to you and Happy New Year!
~Carmen,
Well, thank YOU , also, for stopping by here and leaving a comment!
As for the WOYWW--that sounds like a fun thing to participate in. Usually, my home work space is so messy that I can't even work there(ha!), but recently we dismantled my room/desk, put in new Ikea desks and shelves and painted the walls. The rest of the room needs to still be put back in order, but I hope I'll soon have a nice enough works space that can be shown off.
~Manders,
Hugs right back. There is still..uh..tension..in the house between DH and I. Hope we can right this before the new year arrives. *sigh*
Well, I've learned something new about you - you're an artist! Forget the fight and right or wrong. Kiss, hug, and start again in 2011. May all your dreams come true.
Ooooh I love the drawing!! The colours are great.
Isn't it amazing that Twenty Ten has gone already? Even if it wasn't a great one, it did go fast...
Wish you a very happy new one!! I guess starting it with what you love doing most is a great idea :).
Enjoy!
Dear Tina, I love your art, there is something very soothing about it.;) I love the colours.;)
Sorry about the fight, but I am sure it all worked out well for you and you had a great evening, saying good bye to 2010.;)
Happy New Year dear friend, may 2011 be a happy and a prosperous one,
xoxo
she looks cautious, careful, on alert. great drawing. glad you are back blogging. missed reading your posts. here is wishing all good things come to you this new year.
Why didn't I know you painted? WOW. This is beautiful Tina!!
To have such talent I would give my arm. I am still waiting for the discovery of a talent that my mom said I would find as I grew older. Hmm.....I think it may be too late.
Beautiful work Tina.
Post a Comment