Thursday, December 30, 2010

Music of 2010


My personal favorite musical discoveries and performers of 2010.....

* Guster (long time perennial favorites-and their newest album's songs were often ear worms for days at a time),
* Jamie Cullum (ditto, and seeing him live at the Newport Jazz Festival this summer was a highlight of my entire year),
* Adele,
* Rodrigo y Gabriela,
* Trombone Shorty,
and...
* The Avett Brothers (Mr. F turned me onto these guys)


Guster- Architects and Engineers
Jamie Cullum at Newport, Summer 2010



Adele ~ Rolling In The Deep



Rodrigo y Gabriela ~ Hanuman (or...check out their official video here)


Trombone Shorty ~ One Night Only (live on Letterman)


The Avett Brothers ~ January Wedding

2 comments:

cessie said...

I so love Adele too. I listen to her songs a lot!
I can imagine it must have been awesome to see Jamie Cullum live :))
Did you get Stevie Ann's newest eventually? If not I will send it to you in a few weeks, just let me know!

Zuzana said...

I love Jamie, but know nothing of the other acts.;) Always a pleasure to discover new music.;))
xoxo