Saturday, January 8, 2011

Day Out With Jewel


As usual, a Saturday morning outing --just the dog and I.
Mr. F said he had a hair appointment in town, and the daughter would have come along with us if I made her, but she was happy to stay home in her pajamas until noon, so I just left it at that.

The night's light snowfall, already melting away by mid-morning as we whizzed north along the road....
Jewel riding shotgun.
"Where are we going...? Wherever it is, I am sure I'll love it!"

I drove Jewel to one of our favorite places--the trails through the woods(full of mostly Atlantic white cedar, oak and birch trees) down to the bay at the Chafee nature preserve, or Rome Point(which, if you have read this blog for some time, you may remember other entries about and photo tours of this place), as most locals call it.













View of the bridge and bay when we got to the end of the trail.

Rose hips...

Almost the end...and back into the warm car.

7 comments:

Content in a Cottage said...

Did you see any other humans on your walk or was it just you and Jewel? Nice trail all to yourself is my guess. I didn't see any other footprints. xo, Rosemary

Barb said...

A great outing with an appreciative companion. Look at those eyes! I love the photo of the trail curving away from Jewel, and the snowy bay scene.

~JarieLyn~ said...

What a lovely post. Isn't it nice having a furry companion to keep you company on little outings like this? Love all of your photos and I hope the car was warm and toasty after that walk along the snow.

Gal Friday said...

~ Rosemary,
Yes, there were a few other humans(and dogs) we met early on in the walk, but by the time we walked back, we two were the only ones for some reason. I didn't get there until after 10:00, and already there were many footprints in the snow, so for some reason most other walkers got there much earlier that day.

~Barb,
We had another fresh "dusting" of snow last night, so...we may do it agian later today!

~JarieLyn,
Yes, it is the BEST having my canine buddy--I do things (daily walks and hikes alone in all kinds of weather) that I would never do if I didn't have her.

Zuzana said...

What a lovely walk, you see this is one of the reasons I am considering getting a dog. To be able to take trips such as these.;)
Beautiful scenery and images, the snow add a magical touch to all the objects in nature.;)
xoxo

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

What a beautiful place....and Dog!
Jewel is so pretty and that pic of her riding shot gun make me smile.

thanks for the trip.

Gal Friday said...

~Zuzana,
I would be indoors much more for at least half the year if I didn't have Jewel. I wonder how Batcat would take to a new canine friend?

~Peg,
Thank you--and your dog is one pretty lady, too! :-)