" A dog is one of the remaining reasons why some people can be persuaded to go for a walk." ~O.A. BattistaAnother walk with Jewel..a slow meandering one on this warm Sunday morning.
I was in a relaxed sort of daze,
listening to the bird song,
noticing the unfurling buds and blooms...
...more green and growing things along the paths than the last time I was here.

12 comments:
Ever since I gave Pupuce away (my dog in Switzerland - a german pointer), I rarely go for a walk. Alkis gets up at 6 every morning and goes for a 30-minute walk in the nearby park by the salt lake. But I'm too lazy or too tired to get up so early and go with him. One would think it was autumn today over here - a lousy, gloomy, rainy Sunday. Thanks for sharing these lovely photos of the awakening of Mother Nature.
~ It is hard for me to imagine a gloomy, grey Cyprus, Anastasia.
It is a bit grey and gloomy here today, as well, but still good enough for a walk. :-) I have been having trouble leaving comments at your blog lately(tried a few times yesterday and today)--maybe it is just something temporary.
I love the pictures of where you walk. If you could see where I walk Lexi (I mean, unless I drive), you'd wonder why I bother - VERY suburban and concrete-y and dull. Must be why I always have NPR in my ear, huh?
Isn't nature just fantastic! I love to see everything sprouting and the flowers, bushes and tree come alive.;)
Seems like you had a great walk!;)
I love the picture of Jewel, she looks so full of anticipation.;)
sounds like the perfect Sunday afternoon. the sounds and sights of nature.
your blog is always like a breath of fresh air to me xx
Thanks, Gal! I so enjoyed your post and photos. I just sat and looked at your first photo and felt the relaxation and calm of that path leading into the forest. Aah. There's nothing better. I like Jewel. Woof, Jewel. Sallymandy loves you. Tell your mom thanks for the nice comments on my blog. :)
i love your posts like this : ) you take incredible photos. what the heck is that plant in the largest picture? that is amazing! and i love the shot of jewel! : )
~Judy,
But...YOU have a peaceful Hindu temple next door!! ;-P (there are concrete-y places near here, as well..)
~Protege,
You can sense that about Jewel from the photo, can't yu? She is so alive and in tune to everything--smells, sounds, movement--on these walks. Actually, she is in constant motion, and I was lucky to get this shot of her standing still for a second.
~Doreen,
I think you know the same happy, peaceful feeling from walking around and taking photos.
~Why, thank you so much, Lisa. :-)
~Sallymandy,
Woof! Jewel thanks you for not saying she has spindly little legs and that she looks like a goat more than a dog, as her mistress--ahem!--sometimes says. ;-)
~c.k.,
I have no idea what that unfurling bud/leaf is in the large picture(I really should lookmthese things up)! Thanks, as always, for your appreciatve comments.
Sometimes one just happens to just *be* isn't it...indeed in a relaxed sort of daze...I was thinking things like that myself in the weekend while lying on my blanket in the grass listening to the birds and ducks around me and enjoying the green grass around me ;-).
Love your photos!
I like the shots Tina, you take great photos! :)
Love that quote...
" A dog is one of the remaining reasons why some people can be persuaded to go for a walk."
Glad you had such a nice leisurely walk. This is my favorite time of year, as things are just starting to come back to life! So much to see out there!! Wonderful pics!
Post a Comment