I was trying to daydream,
but my mind
kept wandering.....
Sunday, January 9, 2011
Stone and weathered wood
A few more images from my outing with Jewel yesterday morning. I stopped along the road on the way back home to take these pictures of this sad, abandoned farm house and barns. It has sat empty and falling into disrepair for years, unfortunately.
Doesn't it make your mind go wild and think of the wonderful things you could do to it and how pretty you would have it?! Happens to me everything I go pass a house, empty or -sadly-abandoned :o) have a great day!
~Zuzana, Yes, I agree--there is something very old and melancholy aboput that old place.
~Amanda, Foir some reason, I view this old abandoned house as haunted, so don't know if I would ever want to live there. But, with the right owner, I am sure it would be a lovely house once again. I just think it may be rotting and beyond repair.
~M. Poirot, It cold even colder a few days after I took these photos, with lots more snow on the ground!
~Rosemary, In actuality,. I know I am too lazy to run a place like that...too big for me.
~Barb, The sepia tones are due to the sky and atmosphere that day( a snowstorm looming). Some days in winter, here, with the damp air, it seems like we live in a sepia toned world. Good word for it.
~JarieLyn, Coming from a great photographer like yourself, I take that a big compliment--thank you!
~Doreen, Who knows why it has sat abandoned like that? A family issue? I wonder about everytime I drive by the place...
~Clare, Thank you. I really think there is some family legal reason why it is sitting rotting like that. Sad.
~Claus, I would LOVE one day to see that it has someone living there and reviving the place.
~ Arty, The only thing is, if this house has sat rotting(the wood) too long, it may be too expensive to ever fully restore it.
11 comments:
Beautiful images, particularly the first one. It appears almost taken from a time long gone...
Love your new look here as well.;)
xoxo
I love that house!! Seriously. It is so cute. Sad that it has been neglected.
Loved all these pictures! Looks like you had a wonderful time!!
Those images look beautiful, peaceful, romantic... and bloody cold! ;-) Great post. Wishing you a lovely week ahead, Love from London xo
It looks perfect for a gentlewoman farmer who wants goats and a goose or is it a duck to follow her around.
These photos are wonderful - I love the sepia tones. You should make some charcoal sketches!
Stunning photos. I really like that first image a lot. Your outing with Jewel was a great photo journey as well.
I cannot believe this place is abandoned. did the owners just leave or what? so sad, it is a lovely house and barn. gl
The house is so beautifully captured by your photography. How sad that it was abandoned. I wish that I was rich so that I could restore it.
Doesn't it make your mind go wild and think of the wonderful things you could do to it and how pretty you would have it?! Happens to me everything I go pass a house, empty or -sadly-abandoned :o)
have a great day!
Very nice, Tina! I'm sure someone will bring them back to life with their care and attention.
~Zuzana,
Yes, I agree--there is something very old and melancholy aboput that old place.
~Amanda,
Foir some reason, I view this old abandoned house as haunted, so don't know if I would ever want to live there. But, with the right owner, I am sure it would be a lovely house once again. I just think it may be rotting and beyond repair.
~M. Poirot,
It cold even colder a few days after I took these photos, with lots more snow on the ground!
~Rosemary,
In actuality,. I know I am too lazy to run a place like that...too big for me.
~Barb,
The sepia tones are due to the sky and atmosphere that day( a snowstorm looming). Some days in winter, here, with the damp air, it seems like we live in a sepia toned world. Good word for it.
~JarieLyn,
Coming from a great photographer like yourself, I take that a big compliment--thank you!
~Doreen,
Who knows why it has sat abandoned like that? A family issue? I wonder about everytime I drive by the place...
~Clare,
Thank you. I really think there is some family legal reason why it is sitting rotting like that. Sad.
~Claus,
I would LOVE one day to see that it has someone living there and reviving the place.
~ Arty,
The only thing is, if this house has sat rotting(the wood) too long, it may be too expensive to ever fully restore it.
Post a Comment