Trying something new here--Thursday Thirteen, inspired by, and pretty much borrowed from Janet's entry today(in turn, borrowed from Dawn). Right Now:
1. I am thinking… of all the things I want to change.
2. I am thankful for…a toasty warm home to be inside of, on a cold winter night.
3. From the kitchen… pretty much nothing! It was "fend for yourself" in there this evening. Got home--kid had made plans to go out to the movies, so she had some left-over Sesame Chicken from China Garden before getting picked up. Then I was feeling "off the hook" as far as getting a meal together which worked since I had NO idea what to make and was not into it anyway. I ate yesterday's split pea soup and a toasted English Muffin. When Mr. F got home, he also ate an English Muffin with honey on it, and then I think he cooked some frozen tortellini(I was in this room banging picture hooks into the walls at that time, so am not quite sure though) .
4. I am wearing… dark blue jeans, a dark grey boat neck top and grey and black argyle socks. I think I need to start wearing some color again.
5. I am creating…a new look in this room. I have been hanging newly re-framed pictures--some of them my art, some old Vogue magazine covers, some of R's art--on the recently repainted walls(Sherwin Williams SW6772 "Cay").
6. I am going…to get into bed very soon.
7. I am reading…"The Bachelor's Cat" .
8. I am hoping…that this fresh new round of winter stormy weather expected for Saturday won't be too bad--I do not want to get stuck in the house on a Saturday.
9. I am hearing…"30 Rock" on TV in the other room
10. Around the house…sleeping pets on beds and pillows(they live a pampered lifestyle),
Mr. F sprawled out on couch watching "30 Rock",
too many lights on(we need to be better about that...)
11. One of my favorite things… Key Lime Pie
12. A few plans for the rest of the week…watching "Sabrina" sometime in the next few days, and hopefully getting out with the dog and letting her have some real exercise for a change(it has been tough with sleet, slush and ice on roads and deep snow)13. A picture to share…
It is always fun to bother the dog. Doesn't she look fabulous in red?
13 comments:
Sleeping pets is the best! That is so contagious.;)
And I too love Key Lime Pie, oh I have not had one since I lived in the US, come to think of it. Way too long.
As it is Friday morning here, it is in order to wish you a great TGIF - and thanks for letting me peak into your medicine cabinets.;))
xoxo
~Zuzana,
So you are also in the "allows pets on pets and furniture" club. :-)(some people don't) Maybe..we should both try to make a Key Lime pie?
split pea soup...yum! It's what I had for lunch yesterday :-)
She does look spectacular in black ;-)
Love 30 Rock!
~Janet,
I pretty much laugh out loud the entire time I am watching "30 Rock"--but for some reason(my blog?) I wasn't into watching it last night.
oh my God Jewel is so damn cute Tina. I love how she looking at the camera like she's tolerating all this stuff cuz she loves you but not entirely thrilled.
the SW color is really pretty.
I wish I had my own art. I swear that everyone I read has all these great talents. Do you think by the time I'm 60 I'll find something I am good at? My hubby says I am the best and there is no one better than me at being a ball buster, and while he is correct I would prefer a more tangible talent like arts and crafts of some sort. :-)
Curious thing about #8. All I want to do on a Saturday is to stay home!!, but have to run errands, go to the market...so no chance of having a relaxed day at all.
Look at Jewel!! isn't she adorable? Lucas and Mateo are always looking for a fresh square of floor these days. It's getting hot in here!, and the floor seems to always be a good spot for the to freshen up.
have a wonderful - hopefully not too snowy - weekend!
Thank you for dropping by my blog and leaving a note. I love split green soup! Made a big batch this week and yummy.
Oh my, that key lime pie looks marvelous. You have some really nice art work, music and posts here. Glad I stumbled in! ;)
I think Jewel is liking the scarf for warmth. and yes, she looks very good in red!
That lime pie - wow! I was thinking the same thing about wearing more colour the other day...I seem to live in shades of grey. Problem is, I do actually like it and I simply cannot carry off red as well as your dog :-D Have a great week, Love from London xo
love this! we have "fend for yourself" night once in awhile too---the kids ask what's for dinner and i say whatever you can find! lol. i LOVE that pic of jewel...makes me think of little red riding hood! our pets lead a similar life. lying on furniture, sleeping snuggled up in the bed in cave blankets...yeah...tough life.
~Peg,
Oh THANK YOU so much for the sweet compliment about my little black dog. I agree--she IS damned cute. ;-)
And, you have great talents--the way you write~ You could do it professionally--I could see you having a newspaper column, but oh wait--newspapers are dying--so you could have a BLOG! Plus, you have some mad cookie-baking skills, I have learned.
~Claus,
Usually I am perfectly content to be home on weekends, BUT am getting a case of mid-winter "cabin-fever" because of the storms that force us to stay home so much now.
~alphawoman(love that name!)--yay! another pea soup fan!
I will certainly be stopping by for more reading at your blog, and thank, too, for stopping here and commenting.
~Jayne,
Thank you so much for visiting(now I am curious about YOUR blog and will have to do that very soon)
~Doreen,
Yes, red and hot pink are Jewel's colors. ;-) Actually, they alos look good on me, which I have forgotten in my winter rut of wearing too much grey.
~Mademoiselle P.,
If you have never had Key Lime Pie , you MUST try it some time(my favrite type of pie)
c.k.,
I am glad you are in the "lets animals on the furniture" camp, too. I know is is not to everyone's taste, but I prefer it that way in my home.
Hmm yeah... thinking of all the things I want to change... could be me writing that down. A bit overwhelming though... don't you think??
Take care!
Are you going for more dark clothes in winter too? As I was unpacking my bag when arriving in NL I discovered that I had only packed black/grey/dark blue lol. How come? I'm such a colorful minded person normally. Or is it the #1 which makes us doing that. Our minds are too preoccupied lol.
Please post pics of the new look in your room when ready :)
Great post Tina :). Loved reading it!!!
X
Post a Comment